Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Nowheresville
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very good condition, especially for a '32 pickup. Paint is probably a twenty-footer - I think it was "restored" in the US in the mid-'90s, so was rubbed down and resprayed, luckily it would appear without covering the whole thing in 1/4" of bondo or pop-riveted patches (I don't think there are any patches on it at all).

Has original rod brakes, 4-cylinder Model B engine and gearbox/torque tube/axle combo and 6V wiring. Heavy front axle. Rare original 25-louvre hood. Rare aftermarket K-H steel wheels designed for early wire-wheel hubs (no spacers required) with barely-used 6.00 and 7.50-16 Firestones (7.00s and 5.50s also available). These wheels take '40s Lincoln hubcaps, as in the photo. Rear bed has been shortened, a little crudely perhaps.

Registered, taxed, MOT-exempt (I'd happily MOT it if wanted).

Asking £16,500 for a nice old truck that can be enjoyed as is, or easily hopped up. Or an excellent base for a full resto / hot rod build, without replacing half the sheetmetal - some work would be needed, but not bad at all.

Lots of options available like 16", 17" or 18" wires (or '40 Ford steels). Spare 4-bangers for rebuild (plus some speed parts - Thomas head, down-draft intake w/97), or pump-in-head V8 and gearbox, V8 axles and other stuff if that would be in anyone's plans. Even an SBC to early Ford gearbox adapter if needed.

This is the worst of the bodywork, with a bit of rust-through behind the passenger door:

The doors actually have their original return flanges at the bottom, unusual for these.

As said above, lots of options available - cheaper without the steel wheels and tyres, or with a stock original '32 (unpainted) hood instead of the 25-louvre one, for instance.

Located in West Oxfordshire.

Call or text Andy on 07920 584324

·
Nowheresville
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BUMP

Stock 20-louvre bonnet would knock £1000 off, but you'd have to paint it. Wire wheels (16/17/18" would save another £500, but you wouldn't get the new Firestone tyres (probably sort out some roll-arounds for them).

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hey, did I see this truck at a show in Witney on Wednesday night??? I'm staying at Eynsham Hall while working away in Standlake, I saw the signs for a classic show starting at 6pm...and was glad I turned up!
Your motor was my "pick of the show".....though the '27 Ford stocker was a close second....best of luck buddy, times are tough for everyone but your motor is worth the every dime, needs to be left exactly as you showed it as far as I am concerened!

Heathens CC, Derbyshire

·
Nowheresville
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey, did I see this truck at a show in Witney on Wednesday night??? I'm staying at Eynsham Hall while working away in Standlake, I saw the signs for a classic show starting at 6pm...and was glad I turned up!
Your motor was my "pick of the show".....though the '27 Ford stocker was a close second....best of luck buddy, times are tough for everyone but your motor is worth the every dime, needs to be left exactly as you showed it as far as I am concerened!

Heathens CC, Derbyshire
Hi, yes, thanks, I only live about half a mile from the field it was in - I had to go for a little drive around to get there to give it a chance to warm up!

·
Nowheresville
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Blimey, just found this in the back of the garage. Looks like a bargain seeing some prices on eBay!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts