Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

starting a 1932 ford pick up, well I say that, its going to be a 34 on 32 rails.

need doors, thanks to Mr. P for the importing, OH and Mr. G on t'other side

·
Premium Member
14,389 Posts
Good luck,just dont try to over complicate it like youre other builds.

Look forward to seeing it progress
where's the fun in buying bits that fit when you can spend thousands of hours trying to get parts 50p cheaper to work instead. the wheel didn't invent itself you know wayne :lol:
only kidding nobler, hope this one goes well :tup:

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

fenderless it is then, for sale 32 ford headlight bar and fender props.......................
oh p.s. thank Mr. G

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)

need ford 8/9 inch small bearing 10 inch brake wheels studs
NEED 10 - though I had two sets, but they are the bigger shank type

ALSO need 4 3/8ths t-bolts, have a set with small heads and no good

p.s. 1970-75 ford maverick 8'' maybe comet too = 56.5'' wide

one is 25 3/4

the other is
29. 3/4

stock they luckily have 3/8ths extra to the back of the spline, which means you can remove 1/4'' and have yourself a 56'' wide axle.
you only actually need nibble 1/8th from each end - you still have 1 / 16 to 1/8 float
56 inch wide

all stock giblets
typically got new drums shoes wheel cylinders 4.11's bearings, short 1310 pinion yoke and have fallen foul of the bloody wheel studs which have fell out the box
also the 3/8ths t-bolts half of which are somewhere between ohio and london via new jersey and luton
I should't have sold all me bloody half shafts, silly chunt

anyone on hare with a plasma table running sheet-cam and mach3? - can i send yo9u sheet-cam files for you top plasma 5mm tabs and doofers or, anyone in west london have a pilot arc plasma and a compressor - I can bring a mobile plasma cnc to, saving up for a hydro-vane

thanks

oh yes, what ever you do DON'T spin off the tube from a tapered tube 9'' and try to re-insert it as its too big, from the factory they bore the tube so it slips in, you will spend hours with a drill and a flappy doo darr opening up the tube.
will look quite stock though when you do and you will not have a your butt welded, plus the point being you can set everything up and still pull the end off, IF you like you can actually do a full wrap control arm tab combined shock mount.
Well thats the plan

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Old Car World Perivale 020 8810 4595 - American car spares just off the a40 behind the hoover building
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
happened to have a pair of old stock 10'' back plates for 2.5'' drums = great
john woolfe racing happened to have a pair of 10'' ford ltd rear drums = great

so IF you happen to have a small bearing ford 8 or nine inch axle, and you have the 2.78'' hub register, simply buy some 1.5 offset backplates, 1980 Lincoln drums and upgrade your brakes, and get a finned drum too boot - especially if you are running a solid wheel

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

If you happen to buy a 1993/4/5 s10 or tvr t5 tremec tail housing like the picture, with the remote further forward, take note, the tone ring or machined boss for the speedo drive on them is in a different postion on the shaft than both a mustang and Camaro,
i.e. wanted a world class output shaft from a 1994 t5 !!!
also wanted - >1993 ford mustang bell housing - sandwich plate and fork,
plus I need a bare block
oh and still need 4 small bearing back plate t-bots
take a ford late 10.5'' flywheel too

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No updates, havn't done anything bar bolt the cowl and fit the bonnet that've been in a box for 2 years!!

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I do want to buy parts though
302 engine
mustang fox t5
so cal gt2 stainless trianglulated rear bars
32 tank
1934 truck rear panel and doors
firewall to dash piece

·
Premium Member
14,389 Posts
my mate has a 302, from a 78 monarch. ran well but been under the bench for a few years (although turned over regularly). he asked me £650 for it if you're interested. neil.
ps i have a t5, gm though from an 89 firebird.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hello

mr mygasser, just collected my 302 block
your chevy t5 is no use
need a mustang>93 bell house and a ford t5 case

also desperate for a holden hq steering box
or a rhd Saginaw 525

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
And there was me thinking you'd spend months sourcing a bellhousing/clutch combo that would work with several hours machining :lol:
WELL ODDLY ENOUGH............
I simplys changed from a chevy to a ford engine
ha ha ha ha

just bought the bellhouse block plate fork and flywheel.

just need a ford pattern t5 case - bare, maybe with a lid, but need some bolts.

-then I just buy the tvr gearbox with the front shifter position, either swap the 26 splined 1 1/8 24 toothen 9 1/4'' long input for the 10 splined ford one, or run the tvr friction plate

plus I now don't have to cut my 32 firewall up so bad, just a smidgers

oh and I can still use me cheeby bottom hose located rad , as you can simply fit a 1965 ish pump and they come out to the right.

but alas I still need to run the later balancer

ooh that reminds me - I wonder if you can get a short pump and serp belt standard rotation pulley - but right sided. use a sn95 damper and pulley

hmm....

·
Premium Member
14,389 Posts
here we go again and it's always entertaining :shake::lol:

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
hello - there are two type of tvr t5 gearboxes
Ians has the mustang tail housing on it
I want the one with the 1993/4/5 chevy s10 pick up tail - I forget the model they come in - there is one on ebay,
but I've already bought the tail housing - I just need mock up bits at the moment -or if you like a t5 case- scrap/split £10's worth

anyways back to Ians.... going by what he has said, its probably a clutch adjustment hiccup on his 'application' not fully engaging
so his is deffo a wc trans with 26 by 1.1/8 input shaft at 9 1/4 long, 24 toothed - so has the coveted 1,2 & 3 gearset PLUS the 150mph 5th gear
and a fox mustang tail - SO his trans could go behind a small block ford simplys using the stock clutch friction plate and a upto 1993 bell housing
94-95 stangs use a 10 inch input so the bell housings 'with 5.0' on them are 3/4 of an inch longer - something like that

anyways that's the problem, a 'picture' of a 1994 chevy s10 gearbox will look exactly like a tvr, but internally be totally differnet, 21 tooth input, ickle 5th although all were wc 1993-4-5

1 - 20 of 94 Posts