Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, just testing the water here. A change of direction has lead me to consider selling or PX'ing (cash either way). The car was only built last year by Precision Rods and Customs in Tennessee. The chassis was custom built especially for this car by 'Mac's Ratz', http://www.macsratz.com/, Red Oak, Iowa. The engine is a 1951 Hemi, fully rebuilt by Hot Hemi Heads at North Carolina, http://www.hothemiheads.com/. I imported the car about November last year and have spent the last few months finishing it off. The car has a correct V5 and is registered as a 1933 Ford Sedan, free Tax and MOT'd. This car is real badass, everything is new or as new, rebuilt ford 9 inch rear, rebuilt GM 4 speed box and a pretty cool interior. Its a hardcore, pro built hot rod that'll scare the shit out of your neighbours!, (PX Cash either way considered)
it aint everyones bag but it sure is a hoot!!!

KSE Racing sprint car steering box
GM Front brake calipers
1960 Chrysler Imperial dash cluster
1960 Olds Starfire steering wheel
1931 Chevy lamps
1950's ford tail lights
'33 Grille
Haywire wiring kit
Brand new fuel tank and sender (cheers Spock)
New So Cal rear gas shocks with wicked brackets (Cheers Spock)
'Spock special' handbrake (which is the bollox) Cheers mate, i think i owe you a beer
Walker radiator
Sliding roof which works perfectly, out of a 1950's Mercedes Ponton with a tarp cover which looks so cool
Loads more.

Jobs to do: -

Rear handbrake cables (simple)
Steering is too fast, needs adjustment on arm (simple)
Engine has only done 200 miles since rebuild, timing could do with a tweak, simple job. I can get that done for £70 on a rolling road.

Ive had a fiew very interesting part exchange offers but will wait to see what may or may not come up.

Here's a few pics:

Regards Ian

·
Premium Member
1,498 Posts
Omg !!!

·
Registered
12,501 Posts
Manic :rofl:

·
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
ime just looking for a fair price, ive had a change of direction and that is the only reason the car is on here, Ime sorry if this pisses people off but ive said open to offers, we know 10k ain't going to buy it. If you are serious wot are you offering? pm me for my number and a deal can be done, cash, or px cash eather way...i have recieved some interesting px deals but not rushing into anything yet...

·
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
how much will buy your car !!
If you were serious mate you would call me, not ask the same question at twenty past one in the morning, I suspect this car is out of your reach, ime not fucking around it's easy, a good plastic coupe with a sbc in it will cost you 20k so where do you put my sedan?more? Less? Try me? If you want to know abt my car come and have a look at it,and talk to me...

·
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Thanks for the enquiry si, hope these help.

No rot, very solid body. A few dinks and bullet holes and thats it. The seats really are wicked, I have just had them re foamed and recovered in black leather. Im 6' 2 and in the passenger side, stretched out my feet dont even touch the firewall. The exhausts have Harley davidson motorcycle baffles in and it sounds pretty awesome. You can see the inside isnt oiled up yet, im just finishing it now. Im using a Linseed oil and beeswax mixture that dries hard so its not all over the place. Rear seat is 2" foam and a mexican blanket but you can put in what you like. I was possibly going to put copper door cards and rear back panels, but again thats entirely up to yourself.

Regards Ian

Attachments

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
If you were serious mate you would call me, not ask the same question at twenty past one in the morning, I suspect this car is out of your reach, ime not fucking around it's easy, a good plastic coupe with a sbc in it will cost you 20k so where do you put my sedan?more? Less? Try me? If you want to know abt my car come and have a look at it,and talk to me...
I didnt know there was a time limit when to send a message !! Some folk work at night , Simple question I thought re price, Guess Ill keep hold of me cash then and buy sommat in Kentucky when we pick the other car up eh !!

Nice rod bye the way

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Ian, I must say that this must be one of those cars that you either want and can afford or one that you think you want but can't afford...

As someone who has been around a bit, I really think you need to give some idea about what sort of money you are looking for, I have an idea, but others possibly won't. These people may have what you want, but they way you are 'kinda' having a 'pop' a people for asking isn't going to help you sell it....

I wasn't going to say anything, but, you may be missing out on potential customers by not giving them a clue...

I'll have a guess, bearing in mind the steel body/chassis, engine/tranny combo at 25K...???

Please take this in the way I meant it, as a friendly nudge in the 'right' direction.

:tup:

·
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Ian, I must say that this must be one of those cars that you either want and can afford or one that you think you want but can't afford...

As someone who has been around a bit, I really think you need to give some idea about what sort of money you are looking for, I have an idea, but others possibly won't. These people may have what you want, but they way you are 'kinda' having a 'pop' a people for asking isn't going to help you sell it....

I wasn't going to say anything, but, you may be missing out on potential customers by not giving them a clue...

I'll have a guess, bearing in mind the steel body/chassis, engine/tranny combo at 25K...???

Please take this in the way I meant it, as a friendly nudge in the 'right' direction.

:tup:
yes you are absolutely right and i understand what you are saying, but if you had abt 100 people asking the same question when you have asked to be contacted by phone, it starts to be a pain in the arse. if i were buying a car off you and i thaught i could afford it i would contact you personaly.not everyone wants there business all over this site. i asked to be contacted and that is how a sale should be done,in my opinion. the sale of my car is between me and my buyer. these posts are like texts and can be misunderstood. no harm ment. your valuation is abt right but i would take less because like i said ime after a fare price so the buyer is happy to. how can you do this kind of business by text? surely its pm...phone number deal or no deal....thanks for posting...

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Mmmmmmmmm i'm getting de ja vu didnt this happen on another sale thread.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.