Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My Son bought this model Y when he was 17 and he is now 37. So it's been sitting in my garage for 20 years so it's time to let it go to fund another project.

When we bought it the previous owner had begun hotrodding it and had fitted 100E hubs and wheels and painted it red and yellow underneath. We have the original wire wheels and hubs if someone wants to restore it.

As can be seen from the photos , the original paint has been stripped and primed just to temporarily protect it.
The chassis is sound and generally the body is good but there will be need for some patch repairs and new metal in places.

We have a RF60 green /buff log book for it and letters dated 1984 from DVLC stating that the original reg number plate will be available once an inspection is made to verify the correct chassis number etc.
(Note , the chassis number does match the log book)

As a keen hotrodder myself, I am offering it to you guys on this forum first but if it does not sell I will be putting it on Ebay and let the restorers have a go at it.

I have recently put it loosely back together to take the photos and can provide many more photos by email if you are interested.

It owes us £1500, so offers close to this will get it. £1100 - £1400

There are no seats or door cards but edgeing trims are there. The fabric roof panel is also missing.
The windscreen and glass comes with it but the nearside rear window is broken.

The car is located in Gravesend Kent and can be inspected by anyone who is interested. Just send a PM.

Include is the 8HP side valve engine/gearbox.

Cheers Denis

1 - 3 of 3 Posts