Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1941 Hudson pick up SOLD

Just putting the feelers out there…

Super rare 41 Hudson truck (Seriously, google em) and what I believe to be one of only two in the UK..
Running a 289 windsor/top loader gearbox.. Perfect rat rod patina but solid enough for a straight forward resto..

Have had no issues with it whatsoever, just not really a truck guy and fancy a change..

Open to trades (40's - mid 50's 2 door coupe/sedan) or offers in the region of 15k

Will post more info/pics etc tomorrow…

Cheers

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, the truck is super quick and very reliable. again, the only reason I'm advertising is that I'd kinda like another sedan.

This truck is perfect if you're into the rat look but by no means a project vehicle.. there's no rust or filler in the wings and the panels are surprisingly straight for the year.
The truck has had a new floor and firewall installed at some point. the only thing that needs attention are the bottom of the doors but then again, these aren't such an issue if you intend to keep the patina.

With the exception of the visor and the indicators (which have been hidden behind the grille), the body is almost completely stock.

Here's the engine build sheet from when it was built a few years back

Block: 2 bolt main 289 block
Magna fluxed and pressure tested
Cooked cleaned and honed w/torque plate
Performance cam bearings and freeze plugs

Crank: Stock 289 windsor indexed and polished for clearance

Rods: Stock 289 windsor with HP rod bolts, resized big end and balanced

Pistons: OEM cast, balanced

Balancer OEM Ford

Valve train: Cam-Hyd. Comp cams .493" I & .500" E lift
Comp cams hyd lifters

Oil system: Melling oil pump
chrome oil pan

Cylinder heads: 289 windsor heads
Surfaced .010"
Iron guides
Stock valves
Comp cams springs
Comp cams retainers
Comp cams steel keepers

Intake: polished dual intake

Valve covers: Chrome plated Ford motorsport

Fuel system: Blueprinted holley 600 cfm vacuum secondaries w/ electric choke
Stock fuel pump
Chrome 13" open element air filter
Steel fuel line w/ inline fuel filter

Ignition system: Rebuilt stock Ford with Pertronix conversion kit recurved
Distributor (12'initial, 36' total timing)
New cap, rotor, plug wires, coil, plugs and wire looms.

The truck has no running or overheating issues (I live in central london) and I'd drive her just about anywhere.

It also comes with a bed-load of spares (literally) including a pair of front wings, two sets of wheels, a spare front suspension and various bits of interior and exterior trim.. I haven't had time to go through it all yet but there's a fair bit to get you going..

The only downsides that I can think of is that the gauges need recommissioning or replacing depending on your preference but they are currently not working, and the interior could use a freshen up, again depending on wether or not you like the rat look I guess.

Otherwise, this is good solid example of these hard to come by trucks.
As stated, I'm in no rush to sell as I am still looking for another car (possibly exchange) but as per forum rules the buy it now price is what the truck owes me and that's £15,000.

Sure, you could get a lotta chevy truck for the money but nothing quite this rare.

For viewings, the truck is currently based in the Croydon area.
inbox me if you need any additional info

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks fella.. I'm a little loathed to sell it to be honest but if i keep it i'd probably paint it and everybody I speak to says it'd be a shame to lose the patina.
So I figured I'd trade her in for something I can put my mark on, something not so rare y'know

I'm gonna regret it someday though….

--- New Post Merged As Per 5 Day Bump Rule ---

No problem Tim.. I'll get some together and send em across tonight…

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry to the folks who have asked for extra pics, been way too busy to get her out :/
Will get her out and take some pics early next week and the truck will also be at the weekend frenzy if anyone wants to take a look

·
Registered
150 Posts
Love it mate, always had a soft spot for Hudson pickup's, well got a couple of bits for sale just sold bike, so if I can shift cars then I would deffo be knocking on your door! with £ PM me any extra details on the old girl if anything springs to mind :tup:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks Carl, can't think of anything at the moment but If the truck's still here after a Friday's viewing and I think of anything I'll let you know..

--- New Post Merged As Per 5 Day Bump Rule ---

and sorry panhardpete but the trim is too hard to come by.. I'd let it go for 15k and throw in a free truck!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.