Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
www.53catalina.co.uk
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Restored in 2010 by Dave Crouse, this Buick Streamliner was completed after a two year build, Aluminium body over steel frame chassis.

enjoy!

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Hmm looks like someone put a lot of work into designing that beautiful rear end then got called in for tea and left the work experience guy to finish the front!

·
Banned
150 Posts
Beautiful.......

I have seen pics of that taken when first done with some detailed chassis pics.....I loved it then , I'm pretty sure it gets some coverage on the Rik Hoving website...my only criticism with this and other restored Kustoms and Rods , is that they almost get over restored and take on a toy car feel.....

Not to take anything away from it though.....

It's not going to appeal to everyone , but I love Cartoon / Comic book moderne designs .....You could imagine the original 40's/50's Batman series using something like that ........The Coachcraft cars are built along these lines too , taking an almost Sports Custom direction which is kinda cool....

Also , on a side note I wouldn't have been surprised to see an Auto Union or Borgward badge or similar on that the first time I saw it ....I wonder if the builder was influenced by them in this post war era ..... ?

·
Having a cuppa
2,629 Posts
It's a dictionary definition of compound curves. Such a slippery shape it's almostas if the light slids off it. Shame about the tail lights stuck on the back. I'd be tempted to hide them benind the bumper.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts