Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, Not been on here for a while (family issues) but now things look like they may be settling down I thought I would post a few pics of my latest project (still got the Buick and the Thames but you can never have enough toys)...

He is a 1948 Nash, freshly imported in August 2013 I bought it from Ebay as "needing a weeks work to be on the road" style of advert.

So... you all know what that means!

The Nash is a straight 6, 2.8Litre (85bhp) , 3 speed manual 4 door saloon.
One of the first unibody constructed cars (shame).

This is how it was advertised in the USA (New Jersey).

Here it is at my unit ready for investigation, after all, its only a weeks work!

More images to follow...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So, the job list started as per the sales info, "rear chassis leg needs a repair....."

I pulled the leg off in my hand, the fuel tank was full of animal remnants, the rear boot floor was rotted away so I decided to get Kelvin dunn's help to make me a tank, then I modified the floor to fit the tank in neatly, made a new chassis leg and repaired the inner rear wings.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Then the rear wings were blasted which meant there wasn't a lot left of the rear right so Kelvin steps in once again to show off with his skills and remade most of it.
They need a bit of fettling so not fitting them yet.
Then I decided to remove all the paint to make sure I don't have a real rot box on my hands, I know the fame underneath needs work but lets make sure its solid up top too.

All in all, a very solid main body, its just the bits you cant see that need work!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Then I try to get it running which did work, but the wiring loom started to break up due to the copper being very brittle.

I thought I would rewire it and fit a nice fuse box etc but this involved removing wires from the Dash which was easier done by removing it....
This ends up being a knock on effect as I may as well tidy the dash up if the lot is coming out!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If anyone is interested, the Nash could be up for sale. Lack of space and funds due to Divorce.... contact me if interested, offers over £3,500. I will advertise it properly next week on the for sale section.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts