Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Building a mild kustom from a 1951 Cadillac. She's had all the jewellry removed. White white crossplys. On bags front and rear. Awaitng the interior to be put back in, painted and rechromed. She's running the original V8 and trans. I hope to put a later box in and a 3x2 carb set up.

Attachments

·
richard rawlplug
8,228 Posts
fantastic car,would like one myself....

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
thats wicked , i love it . gonna bag my '57 when funds permit , whats the bag system on yours , kit or custom made ? any info appreciated :smoke:
paul ...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cadillc Kustom

Well...thank you guys made me smile to have the positive feedback...still lots to do though.

Paul love yours too ;-) it was a kit, bought it so long ago I can't remember who from. Think it was Wisbec who fitted it. In total kit and fitting was 3000.00 I'm sure theres cheaper and better out there these days. You won't go wrong speaking to Paul Burnham and your'll get a good job.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the kind words. Kit that keeps part of the rear leafs...few leafs removed to get it down but keep the axle in place. If I'd had a few more pennies I should have got the frame 'c' notched to get that body a few more inches down. The only problem is that when the shop did it they welded the mounting brackets too close to the brake drums so when it goes round a corner it grinds. With hope and a prayer I'll be able to get the drum edges skimmed and hope that that sorts it otherwise it's major surgery to move eveything inwards. I should of taken it back to the shop and complained but sadly have been off the road myself for a while so everything has been on hold till I got my health back! perhaps I ought to give them a call. Send us pic of the 54 if you have one. Nearly bought a 54 they're way kool too...always regret not buying a 56 that I so tried to talk my bud into getting...but he listened to the wife instead.

·
Registered
778 Posts
That is lovely mate , think you got the ride height bang on , shame you had problems with the install though . I'd go back to the shop if I was you , its not like the brackets moved themselves is it ?

I'll second your comments about Burnhams though , he was going to bag the rear of my '60 SDV flat-top last year but unfortunately I had to let the car go (Thats a point , left my bags there !) . I'll have another one day , or maybe a '53 , though the way your '51 looks I may widden my horizons :tup:

·
Registered
118 Posts
the pontiac cheiften next to the caddy in my pic above has the same probs with bags,the guy who done the job put the plates on the axle put em upside down with the webs facing up so eveytime he dropped it the bags were rubbing and shortly after would burst,he obviously new he put em on wrong cause he tried glueing rubber around the plates but it fell off!!shoddy:shake:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.