Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For sale, Morris Oxford, Minor shape on steroids.

Rover V8, auto box

Jag IRS, Jag independent front suspension

Weld Wheels

Lambo Orange

Porsche interior.

The car has been around for some time but looks fresh and tidy

The MOT ran out in July 2009, needs a rad recore, nothing else. Starts, stops, drives.

Very pretty car, good proportions. No time to get it back on the road.

Would consider part ex against rod/custom preferrably on the road or £4500 ono (no roadsters or vehicles unable to take persons at 6' 3" tall!!!)

Contact me via PM.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Heres a few more

Paul

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
that orange makes the car , think what kind of pop you would get for £4500, am i the only one who can how nice this car is :smoke:

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well thanks for the photos in blue, still a little unsure on the dat of the colour change, I'm sure that someone said it had been built in mid 90's and been over to the continemt on the ESRA run. This is only speculation, am sure there is an anorak ready to sort it out once and for all lol

Paul

·
Registered
236 Posts
I'll pm you Dave Glen's contact details if you want some history from 2004/5 - he is in Colorado now, so don't phone too late/early:happy:
I'd guess the paint was done about 3 years ago. When Dave bought the car it was set up for Nitrous, but he removed this. If I recall it had a fast road cam fitted, and I also think that he had to do some work on the front suspension (just wear and tear).
Best of luck with the sale.

Pete

·
Premium Member
14,309 Posts
morris

hi, this is a nice car that i had a look round when i bought a 40 ford off of paul last year. he's a genuine guy and will be only too pleased to answer any questions you may have. i'm surprised it hasn't sold yet, i really am. good luck, regards, neil.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Have looked at this car everytime it has been advertised as my very first vehicle in the 1970's was a 1953 bog standard one. Was built on the same sort of lines as i aspired to, but marriage mortgage etc put paid to that, so sold it to a bloke in Stockport. Think the orange is a lot better colour aswell as the bits of stainless and chrome. Have you any details of the original build ie braced chassis, tubular front end. Was the radiator a one off or is it say out of a sdi or range rover. What do yoiu reckon it would cost to get back on the road? Sorry to ask so much but its a long way from Bolton to come and have a look. Ian.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Have looked at this car everytime it has been advertised as my very first vehicle in the 1970's was a 1953 bog standard one. Was built on the same sort of lines as i aspired to, but marriage mortgage etc put paid to that, so sold it to a bloke in Stockport. Think the orange is a lot better colour aswell as the bits of stainless and chrome. Have you any details of the original build ie braced chassis, tubular front end. Was the radiator a one off or is it say out of a sdi or range rover. What do yoiu reckon it would cost to get back on the road? Sorry to ask so much but its a long way from Bolton to come and have a look. Ian.
Hi Ian

To be honest, I havent got that far under the car. What I can say is that the front end is Jag IFS with grafted towers to take wishbone mounts, Neil (my Gasser) has confirmed the set up. The rear is Jag IRS.

The rad, I believe is a scratch built special, It still has the manufacturers label on it and the reference number. I did phone them and give them all the details, but they were of no help. They did say I could pop it round and they could remake it. Not very helpful when I'm in Kent and they are way up north.

It needs the rad recored, remount the two elec fans (supplied) to the rad, a bracket for the alternator, refit the top and bottom hoses (supplied) some water and thats about it really. A quick run down the MOT station and plenty of happy motoring. And possibly a new battery, holds charge but have had to charge it because it has been standing.

It is a really good sized 4 seater custom. I got it for the missus but she prefers a 105E Old Skool ford, so really havent had the urge to get it done. Sit up and Begs are more my style, or F100, '56, so willing to do a deal, cash either way.

Hope this info helps

Paul

·
Premium Member
14,309 Posts
radiator

hi paul, if its any help i can get the rad recored for you. the guy we use can get a core any size you like and he's reasonable money too (well, we wouldn't use him if he wasn't). if you're out this way or see graham give it to him and i'll get a price for you. cheers, neil.

·
Registered
135 Posts
hi mate i owned this car about 3 years ago ,
i put the grill back on it and bits and pieces of stainless
i also painted it lambo orange, and replced all the window mech,s etc
drop me a line if you want to know any more
i,m from stockport, and bought the car from scotland
at that stage the car was purple flake with a mesh grill.

also if you contact unique customs they will give you a bit of info
as they had it for a while just before i bought it

i drove that car all over and it went very well , and i think its a gift at the money
good luck with the sale! its worth every penny

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hi mate i owned this car about 3 years ago ,
i put the grill back on it and bits and pieces of stainless
i also painted it lambo orange, and replced all the window mech,s etc
drop me a line if you want to know any more
i,m from stockport, and bought the car from scotland
at that stage the car was purple flake with a mesh grill.

also if you contact unique customs they will give you a bit of info
as they had it for a while just before i bought it

i drove that car all over and it went very well , and i think its a gift at the money
good luck with the sale! its worth every penny
Hi Jeffers

Thanks for the history lesson, there is no doubt that the paint on the car is a first class job. I'm still confused who originally built the car, was it Dave Glen or before? someone did e-mail me saying the car was around circa 94/95 in the blue/white roof combination, I suppose a call to Dave would sort that out. You are definitely right, it is a lovely car to drive.

Thanks for the offer Neil, as I said before, not really got the time to work on it at the mo, esp with the missus coming out of hospital next week.

Paul

·
Registered
135 Posts
i,m not 100 per cent but i think its 1st outin was about 94 that i remember and thats when i fell for the car,it was blue with white roof, i remmember tryin to buy it about 98 but missed out and then i saw it at unique hotrods for sale for big money 2005
i eventually got it 2005/6 . i dont think it was built before 94 ,
i hope you get the full history as i never did
if you contact the M/O owners club they did have a lot of its history
and they also had features on there websight
hope this helps

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey Pete

Is that a MO in your photobucket account?

Paul

·
Registered
695 Posts
not 100% certain but i think unique custom cars may have built this, or at least rebuilt it at some point .
Russ

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sweet looking low light, I like that.

Not sure on the Unique thing, who really knows. But did anyone find out who originally built it??

Paul

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I remember the car being for sale in Newcastle this was befor Dave Glen
had it and I believe unique customs had it between Dave and Jeff its
also been in a dinner down south at some piont , I like this car and would
have it but the wife thinks as i have 2 zephyrs I dont need 2 MO's but
that would even thing up

Mike

1 - 20 of 32 Posts