Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have for sale a '52 Chevy Stylemaster Deluxe, we imported it from Pensylvania Last/this year, we bought it at Hershey Swapmeet last October and it arrived in the UK in January this year.
It is a 2 American owner car, the first was a lady that owned the car from new until she she passed away approx. 1990, the car was garaged in '86 when she gave up driving and exhumed when her estate was dissolved 2 years ago.
It then passed on to a local bank worker that got it up and running and ready to sell at Hershey.
It then had the following new parts fitted :- new petrol tank, new generator, new starter motor, new brake master cylinder and a set of part worm tyres.
Upon arrival in the uk I have replaced the tyres with a new set of Radials and new inner tubes, given it an oil change, replaced the leaky oil lines to and from the remote oil filter, its had new front brake shoes, new front cylinders, the rears are fine and the rear shoes about half worn, it has halogeon headlamps fitted, a new glovebox lock, I replaced the broken tail lamp bezal with a good used one, new wiper blades and generally gone over it.
Last week a friend painted the fender skirts and rear tailpan as these were a different colour, the match isn't perfect but its very presentable.
The car is on the road, registered and all duties are paid, the gearbox shifts nice and it seems to have plenty of power from its 235 six, the brakes pull up nice and straight, everything works includint the door mounted spotlight!
The paint is typical American blow over, I don't think its hiding any nasties, its a decent 10 footer!
Interior is nice, the rear seat backrest is sporting an unoriginal cover, not sure why, I didn't want to look..
It will need attention to the kingpins and the bushes in the steering idler in the future, but it drives fine and doesn't try to kill you, there is also a small area of rust through on the left sill end, not major, just best to mention it.
Its only for sale because we have too many cars, and my missus which is who we bought the car for cant get on with the column change.
Im looking for £6950 for it, I may take a 60's/early '70's c10 or F100 in trade, but it must be Automatic.
If you are interested, please phone me on 07818 888708 or 01268 512247, you can message me on here but you may get a better response by phoning as I cant always get to a computer.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

--- New Post Merged As Per 5 Day Bump Rule ---

That's all I have at the moment, I can get you more tomorrow if you want? The car isn't at home, its at my work..

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gaskets finally arrived! Its a 216 not a 235 as I at first thought... Putting it all back together tomorrow night ready for Beaulieu Autojumble next weekend.
Also adjusted a lot of play out of the steering idler(wasn't that bad to start with), drives lovely!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello Kev, the misfire was an oily plug cap! It turned out I had the wrong Gasket set for the engine, As I said, it has a 216 not a 235, The gaskets arrived today to fix the leaks, Bloody Rock Auto and their express delivery... I should have it all sorted by Saturday, taking it to the Battlesbridge Show on Sunday and the Spring Autojumble next weekend.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts