Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
draggin bumpers
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
NOW SOLD - deposit accepted

Imported Dec 2010 from San Francisco. The truck was previously from Santa Cruz and is therefore a solid dry state truck.

The truck is MOT-ed until July 2013 and taxed until Jun 2013. Road Fund Licence (Tax) is free

The engine was replaced with a newly built Fastco Automotive roller rocker 355cu inch (6l) small block Chevy which is dyno'd at 366bhp and 362lbft torque - Click for video of the motor on the dyno - Neil beast on the dyno video by fastco - Photobucket .
It has a nice lumpy idle, Holley Carb, crane cams, billet rockers, free flow filter, chrome alternator, HIPO plug wires, Uprated Radiator with electric fan and much more!

The Exhaust consists of ceramic coated tube headers and a twin full stainless exhaust system from Custom Chrome. Needless to say the exhaust sounds awesome.

The engine is mated to a modified TH350 3 speed auto with Lokar Genie shifter. A new propshaft mates the Transmission to the GM 10 bolt rear axle.

Rear suspension is a Rayvern constructed 3 bar air-bag setup with pan-hard rod.
Front suspension is Total Cost Involved mustang II independent front end with Firestone double convoluted air-bags. The truck sits its nose on the floor on full drop. It is LOW. The airbags make the ride a world apart from the original leaf springs and speed bumps are no issue as the Air system lifts it 8" all round.

The air system is in a genuine 1946 US trunk in the bed and consists on 2 Viair 280c chrome and polished compressors with 5 gallons of air storage, water traps and a Rayvern 8way valve block (capable of individual corner control but set up for front/rear operation) The tanks take approx 7 mins to fill from empty. Inside the cab are 4 illuminated switches 2 up 2 down for front and rear control along with 2 dual needle Viair dials showing the individual pressures of each air-bag.

The truck has a new chrome grille and all the trim is in excellent condition.
Replacement (green tint) windscreens, with new seals and side glass.

Inside is retrimmed in classic dark red Vinyl in a tuck and roll style on the door panels, seats and headliner. The floor is trimmed in deep black carpet (edged in black vinyl) over felt sound deadening over Dynamat. There is one static seatbelt fitted (seatbelts are not required by law) but others could easily be added if required. New pedal rubbers have been added and the gauges all work (water temp is a smiths dial under the dash)

Other new items include: new wiper motor (electric) and arms/blades, power assisted 11" brake discs up front, safety star, chrome cattle guard, unity fog lights and a genuine Fulton Sun visor (adjustable).

The wheels are 15" GM Rallye steels with '59 Lancer (crab claw/Ben Hur) OG style hubcaps giving the truck a unique Lowrider Bomb truck look.

Attachments

·
draggin bumpers
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Replied to you both, thanks neil

--- New Post Merged As Per 5 Day Bump Rule ---

I'll be at old warden this weekend if you want to view the truck

·
Registered
101 Posts
absolutely lovely chevy,,,,
good luck with sale mate,,,i'm sure it will not be here for long,,,its a reasonable price,,
i am building my ford pick 51 and will be spending more than the price of your truck,,
if i knew it before hand...would have bought one ready built,,to enjoy it straight away..

·
draggin bumpers
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Kombilove, of course it cost me more than I'm asking, but part of the hobby is building for me so I know I'll never get it all back!

Terry,

Check your email :)

absolutely lovely chevy,,,,
good luck with sale mate,,,i'm sure it will not be here for long,,,its a reasonable price,,
i am building my ford pick 51 and will be spending more than the price of your truck,,
if i knew it before hand...would have bought one ready built,,to enjoy it straight away..
--- New Post Merged As Per 5 Day Bump Rule ---

Now sold - deposit accepted

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.