Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. This is my 1953 Vauxhall Wyvern fitted with a 2.0 ltr Pinto engine and a Type 9 five speed manual gearbox which as you can imagine keeps up with modern traffic with ease! Unlike a lot of '50's Vauxhalls, this one is very solid underneath and on top. It has a steel Sunvisor. The paintwork is blemished here and there and would benefit from a touch up if your fussy. I'm not which is why I left it as I bought it about 4 years ago. At the time of typing this, it needs front drivers side wheel cylinder rubbers and brake shoes. I have the (4) new brake shoes and (the wrong) wheel cylinder rubbers. I should be getting the correct rubbers next week. I'm waiting for a date when my mechanic can do the job. I would view this car with it needing this job doing in mind and, if it's been done by the time you view the car...bonus! It's recently had two new rear wheel bearings and a new starter motor. It's still driveable and has brakes but they pull to the left at the moment. There were no door rubbers fitted to the car when I bought it and it hasn't bothered me but I thought it only fair to mention this. The chrome is fair but the wheel discs are quite rough. The only reason I'm selling my Wyvern is to be able to put money into my other classics.
P.S. Forgot to mention; there are no door rubbers fitted,
Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Land vehicle Car Tire
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Wheel Car Tire Plant Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Plant

they wern't when I bought the car so I left things as they were, also, there's no carpet, there's underlay though so that's something I suppose. We did the front brake rubbers..well, the offside anyway. The rubbers for the nearside were the wrong size so I'm in the process of sorting that. If they arrive after the car has gone, I'll forward them to the new owner. The car is in South Cheshire. CW3 0ES. Thanks for looking.
£5.900 ono

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello. This is my 1953 Vauxhall Wyvern fitted with a 2.0 ltr Pinto engine and a Type 9 five speed manual gearbox which as you can imagine keeps up with modern traffic with ease! Unlike a lot of '50's Vauxhalls, this one is very solid underneath and on top. It has a steel Sunvisor. The paintwork is blemished here and there and would benefit from a touch up if your fussy. I'm not which is why I left it as I bought it about 4 years ago. At the time of typing this, it needs front drivers side wheel cylinder rubbers and brake shoes. I have the (4) new brake shoes and (the wrong) wheel cylinder rubbers. I should be getting the correct rubbers next week. I'm waiting for a date when my mechanic can do the job. I would view this car with it needing this job doing in mind and, if it's been done by the time you view the car...bonus! It's recently had two new rear wheel bearings and a new starter motor. It's still driveable and has brakes but they pull to the left at the moment. There were no door rubbers fitted to the car when I bought it and it hasn't bothered me but I thought it only fair to mention this. The chrome is fair but the wheel discs are quite rough. The only reason I'm selling my Wyvern is to be able to put money into my other classics.
P.S. Forgot to mention; there are no door rubbers fitted, View attachment 634053 View attachment 634054 View attachment 634055 View attachment 634056 View attachment 634057
they wern't when I bought the car so I left things as they were, also, there's no carpet, there's underlay though so that's something I suppose. We did the front brake rubbers..well, the offside anyway. The rubbers for the nearside were the wrong size so I'm in the process of sorting that. If they arrive after the car has gone, I'll forward them to the new owner. The car is in South Cheshire. CW3 0ES. Thanks for looking.
£5.900 ono
Now on the Bay of the Flea. Item number 165201524346

(y)
do you have a contact number i could call you on please?
Danny

1 - 9 of 9 Posts