Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This truck has been stripped back to bare cab/chassis with all worn parts replaced or reconditioned. Luckily it was a very solid truck to start with coming in from the states two years ago so not the usual rot box. In all over £5000 has been spent on new parts.

The new and rebuilt parts are far too many to list here but suffice to say all the running gear and mechanics are like new resulting in a truck that sailed through its MOT test and drives like new.

Also all the missing parts from the truck were sourced from the states. It is now a very reliable great driving truck benefiting from a change from 6 to 12 volts and electric wiper conversion. It has had a basic paint job as I was going to use it as a working truck to haul motorcycles and stuff with out worrying about every scrape and bump to this end I have kept the ding in the rear fender and won't wash it so it gets a nice patina look to it.
Just fitted a Patrick high gear ring and pinion and a Yukon diff bearing set now it cruises at happily at 65 instead 40.
. £9000 [email protected] 07752607136

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just fitted a Patrick high gear ring and pinion and a Yukon diff bearing set now it cruises at happily at 65 instead 40.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hi I have been reading about your truck, I have one the same. I am interested to know where your got your patrick gear and pinion and the diff bearing set, it sounds just what I need
Rob

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi the ring and pinion I bought in from jim carter in the states but when I stripped the diff the bearings weren’t as good as I first thought so I bought a Yukon kit from Jamey at classicusautoparts.com he also sells on ebay as pickup-parts49 he is a very helpful guy I have bought 99% of my parts used in my truck from him. The Yukon kit is very comprehensive and has all the parts you will need for the swap. The truck is now a lot nicer to drive with better fuel consumption less noise and no over revving when on a long drive.

Cheers Stan.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts