Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just about to load this one in California so ETA is end May.
It is the rare van version of the tri-chevy wagon, the so called Sedan Delivery.
I don't know lots about it as I didn't ask too much as these don't come up for sale very often, so I just grabbed it whilst the chance was there.
It has a running V8 (should be a 265 if original, but I'll find out on arrival) and manual column shift gearbox. It is complete, may have the odd small bit missing here and there. It will need a full restoration for sure but should be an easy enough project and a rewarding one at that, and with it basically being a '56 Chevy wagon, most parts are readily available from a number of suppliers. In the pics, screen is missing, it's in the rear but I assume it needs replaced. They are available in this country.
Maybe not as sought after as a Nomad, but a lot rarer.
Location will be: my yard, Grangemouth Docks, FK3 8UB (delivery available no problem)
Price will be : £8950 as-is with all duties paid and a UK reg number and V5c.
Contact : Jim on 07593 187939 or [email protected] or [email protected] or PM me here.
Now on facebook as well, just look for Rock n Roll Motors

·
Premium Member
11,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
it has arrived it runs, drives and stops too, but fuel tank needs a clean out. It has had floor pans in the past but they really need removed and replaced again, some rust in cargo floor, and on sills as seen in pics. Doors good incl rear door which opens, stays up on its struts and closes again. Brake and tail lights work, but no front lights working as yet. Windscreen has been refitted. It is cracked but we put it in anyway to fill the hole and keep the rain out. Passenger door drop glass cracked. The original pair of seats are excellent and will be fitted instead of the bench in it which is from something more modern.
I'll get it on the ramp soon and see what it's like underneath, what I've mentioned above is what I've seen when taking it from the container and dropping it in my yard. The engine looks like the original 265 and ran very smooth and quiet till it got a drop of dirty fuel. It has a full twin exhaust system. It is fitted with wider than normal 15" steel wheels (all tyres hold air but are old) and there is a set of original width 15" steels if required. One set will go with the car, one set will stay with me.
I'll get better pics once we clean it out and get a better look at it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts