Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

1956 CHEVY STEPSIDE TRUCK
Welcome to the sale of my Chevy rat rod pickup, but please read below for reality of this truck.
I imported the Chevy from Oklahoma in September 2013 and it is my daily driver in dry weather (so not much use this winter)
The Chevy has awesome patina and it has taken 57 years of sun and wind to make the truck look like this, so, in my view I have kept this truck as a 'preservation' and not a 'restoration.' It has spent all its life within 10 miles of Route 66, so it has some stories to tell, complete with the bullet hole in the dashboard.
But here is the good news...
• It is a custom built truck sitting on a custom made late model chassis and drive train from a 1987 Chevy Caprice station wagon. The truck is the 32 model, so the bed is 6" longer (good for Harley hauling).
• Has the luxury of disk brakes and independent suspension on the front (see photos)
• 4-link rear suspension (perfect for air ride setup) fuel tank in the rear.
• 305, V-8 engine, aluminium Edelbrock intake and 4 barrel Holley set-up.
• Early non-electronic 700 R-4 transmission with working overdrive.
• Power steering, power brakes and Chevy Impala steering column.
• Brand new Aluminium radiator.
• Brand new twin exhaust with great rumble.
• Brand new Painless fuse box and wiring harness.
• New brake lines and rear cylinder
• Original chrome gauge cluster with speedo.
• Additional gauges fitted from a Pontiac GTO.
• Good oil pressure, water temperature and volt meter.
• Autometer tachometer fitted and working.
• New aftermarket fuel gauge
• Reconditioned alternator
• Brand new tinted windscreen and rubber.
• Brand new battery.
• The truck sits with perfect low, mean stance.
• The truck drives great and the power brakes and power steering make driving effortless, unlike the usual farm trucks.
So as you can see this is not your usual imported rat rod or farm truck requiring loads of work to be done, this has all the very desirable aspects already fitted and a lot of money put into it. I previously owned an original 57 pickup and there is no comparison in terms of looks, stance and drive. If you look around, you can see trucks are very sought after and demanding good money.
But for all dreamers this is still a 57 year old truck with no home comforts or finesse - it is not a modern car. If you want to restore it, you will need one new cab corner (£50) and a repair to the other. The rest of the truck is solid with minor rust and repairs.
The reason for sale is simply that I have purchased another truck (same setup, different engine) from the States and this will be arriving shortly so I need to let this one go and make space.
Job to be done:
• Needs new electric wiper motor conversion (about £200 from Real Steel) the original vacuum motor is still in place but not hooked up and tested. It may still work but I know nothing about them.
The truck is admired and photographed wherever it goes; people walk past performance cars to look at this. It is located near Bridgend, South Wales and viewing is welcome. No swaps or part exchanges. It is advertised elsewhere and I reserve the right to remove at any time if sold by other means. For the asking price you will not get a better truck. Just check, some people are asking similar money for trucks that require complete restoration.
Price - £8750
PM me my mobile - 07814530484
Thank you

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.