Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased this one in California, and as I'm away on hols soon for 2 weeks, it wont be loading till the end of the month, due here end June or thereabouts.
I also wont be able to say any more about it than what's written below, until I get it here and then I'll be able to get a full set of pics and give you an honest description.
So, it's a '57 Chevy 210, not a BelAir, and obviously a 4 door sedan. It has a 235 cu in 6 pot and manual gearbox, so, not everybody's cup of tea, but it's an easy covnersion to V8 for these cars. It does run and drive, it's very solid, but obviously needing restored as paint and interior are pants. Stainless trim is all very good and the bumpers are straight an solid with reasonable chrome. They could be rechromed or replaced with new if you are doing a full restoration on it. 4 doors are good for making a bit of money with wedding hire.
All parts are readily available for the tri-Chevys and are not expensive. These cars are a treat to work on, very simple, a good investment and like I said parts are readily available. Price below is "as landed" with all UK fees, vat and duty paid, and with a UK registration number. Delivery can be arranged nationwide at very competitive prices.
Location will be : Grangemouth Docks, FK3 8UB
Price will be : £7250
Contact : Jim on 07593 187939 or [email protected] or PM me here to keep the thread clean.

·
Premium Member
11,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
car is here, will post a new ad soon or update pics etc. we had it running from a can. it has a new fuel pump but the line from the tank is blocked off so I assume the tank and/or lines need cleaned out. It was smoky, so may have stuck rings or may need a rebuild. It moved forward and backwards but brakes don't work as pedal is going straight to the floor, haven't investigated yet. Some metal panels been riveted over the original rusted floors (nice American fix!) but other than that it does seem to be very solid and very straight with very few dents and no rust through on the panels. Rear bumper is twisted a bit at left side but other than that the stainless, etc is nice. Seats are there but need re-padded and re-covered. Window winders all work, even the vent windows and the doors open and close real nice, no slamming and they latch first time. Windscreen is cracked as is driver door drop glass. The rest is decent. It has electric wipers which work. Battery tray is rusted but is just a bolt in part. I have a 455 big block and auto which can be sold with the car at extra cost if you want to make a nice ratty sleeper.

·
Premium Member
11,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
all the panels are good on this car, only welding seen needed is the floor pans, all stainless trim is superb, bumpers are decent but rear has had a tweak to left edge, a very original car apart from the pop riveted metal on the floors

·
Premium Member
11,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
:bump: these tri-Chevies are easy projects, everything available stock or to modify off the shelf, and you can't really go wrong investment wise, pretty much evergreen cars

1 - 20 of 31 Posts