Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

I am new here and not sure if I'm breaking rules posting straight into the tech section without doing an intro.. If so apologies up front.

Ok I'm new and new to any kind of restoration etc. I have some mechanical know how from my younger days working on my own cars but a novice next to most on here I guess.

The story so far. I have bought a 1957 dodge d100 with no engine and gear box. I then bought a 1978 dodge ram and have since removed a load of parts including the 318 5.2l v8 and a904 gear box. I am in the process of repairing and rebuilding some of the butchered bits on the 57 before I start the process of trying to position the engine, rewire , brake lines etc etc.

I have currently repaired and replaced the wheel spindals and disc brake assembly but I am stuck on a most obvious thing the torque specs for the wheel hub nut.

My main issue I keep coming up against is finding resources for some of the original specs etc.

Can anyone help on where I might find this kind of info starting with the torque settings for these hub nuts..

I appreciate the majority of the resources appear to be Chevy related but hopefully there are some dodge guys here.

Thanks in advance

Edited to add some piccies for those who are interested

·
Registered
111 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi mate thanks for the links.. Still sifting through to see if I can find the specs. I have Been googling for days and no luck so far... :)

I'm in benfleet so just around the corner... Yeah would be good to chat to someone who's gone through the pain. Have you got picks of your truck.. Still finding my way around so apologies if there on your profile somewhere...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Engine in the truck at the moment is a 5.7 350 standard, the new one to be put in with rebuilt gearbox (when I get round to it ) is slighter better at about 330 BHP.. I did have the opportunity to have a 450 BHP but if Im honest the truck flies as it is so why mess the enjoyment up :) plus I use it most days and I do have a very heavy right foot :)

Im off to Vegas in April for the BIG car show and the plan is to fit engine and box when I return.

TrOjAn

1 - 6 of 6 Posts