Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Vendor
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
57 ford 4dr sedan excellant cond throughout 6cyl/3spd manual new clutch black plate rustfree ca car drive anywhere price includes shipping to thamesport container leaving soon give me a call 001415-517-5754 or email [email protected] for more info & pictures cheers RAY in sf

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Got to Agree, thats a Custom 300! (Looks JUST like the car Dave Grady bought to turn into High Spirits! even the same colours!)

·
Vendor
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeh i,m sure only the fairlane had the gold anodised sidetrim cheers RAYinsf i,m at the hotrod reunion right now just left the strip for today first round of funny car 7 top fuel today great stuff ran into some rods n sodders 40 funny cars trying to make a 16 car field more qualifying rounds tomorrow how good can life be!

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
sure its a 500? my dad had one until about 4 months ago (a 4 door). trim, badges, windows,rear bumper, rear lights were. different.
nice car regardless looks solid.

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
sorry guys its a fairlane 500 sedan the 300 had differant trim RAY insf
I'd love to make a bet with you Ray - Fairlane 500 was top of the range, had a 2 inch stainless trim around the windshield and sits an inch or so lower, it had much more pronounced rear fins and the stainless ran along the top of the fin and not down the sides. It also had much thinner (to mimic the pillarless car) stainless door pillars (as did the Fairlane which was the lesser model on the same body) The Fairlane and Fairlane 500 were longer and lower than the Custom 300 and Custom.

Also worth noting is that the 'B' pillar isn't visible by window frames on the big body cars where as it is on the smaller one and the Custom and Custom 300 incorporate a small window in the bodyshell behind the rear door which clearly isn't on the Fairlane 500 and Fairlane although the big cars do have a small pane in the rear of the door to allow the glass to fall fully!

The gold anodised trim was fitted to the top spec cars ie 500 and 300 in both wheelbases! (which I can't recall offhand, might be 116" vs 118")

The Fairlane and Fairlane 500's also have a flasher/bigger back bumper

What you have there is a nailled on 57 Ford Custom 300 Fordor and not a top-of-the-line 57 Ford Fairlane 500 Town Sedan fordor as shown below!

'57-'59's are my babies.... :)

Cheers,

Stew

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I'm with you Stew, Heres a link that will answer ALL our questions!
1957Ford.com

1 - 13 of 13 Posts