Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arriving soon from California is this 1958 Chevrolet/GMC (it has a GMC dash so cab shell is probably a GMC) car carrier, perfect for hauling your ride to the drags. Car on the back, hook up your caravan and off you go.
I wont know a lot about it till I get the container here and unpack it, but it wont be long now.
It has a 400 cu in V8 and auto trans and is all up and running and driving. I'm told the brake pedal is soft, so I'll take a look at that anyway, but as usual it will go on my ramp, all hubs etc will be pulled and a full report of what's what will be added here as well as a better set of pictures.

Price: Around £9995 on the road
Contact: Jim on 07593 187939 or [email protected] or PM me through the site.

No part ex or swaps guys, no point in me importing just to swap for something I could have bought here without going to all the trouble:tup:

·
Premium Member
11,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Arrived today, it is running, driving and stopping (though brake pedal is soft) and all the lights, etc seem to work too. Very sweet running 400 cu in V8 and smooth auto trans, excellent power steering. Bed is 15ft long and it comes with a pair of ramps which slide away under the rails.
I'll give a fuller description and more pics soon, just wanted to update so far.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi Jim
Looking good..
I am here in London,,
Have you got more cars coming from California?
I have a pair of fenders for my ford f1 and looking for a space in a container to bring them over..
Or do you know someone who does bring parts over to the UK?
Please let me know
maney
london

·
Premium Member
11,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
maney, regarding our texts, if you're in a hurry, best speak to Russ at randrhotrodimports, you'll find Russ in the traders section, his containers are more regular than mine and he lands them much closer to you. His are only 11 days on the water, coming from New Jersey, whilst mine are a few weeks as they come from california.:tup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts