Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's with a heavy heart, but my 1960 Chevrolet Bel Air is for sale.

Registered summer '59, imported from Colorado 1992, MOT and tax exempt. Turquoise/white. Strong 5ltr V8 and smooth powerglide professionally fitted, solid chassis, drives like new, no knocks, bangs or rattles. All glass good, whitewall tyres good, recent new interior, new window rubbers, seals and brakes. Thousands spent last year, new suspension bushes, springs, alternator conversion. Last of the full-size Chevys, huge presence, big head-turner. Not A1 cosmetically but overall very good condition, almost ready for summer!

I need to start saving some extra cash for my wedding and with my storage for her falling through, she needs to go to a good home.

£9,750 ono.

Serious offers only please. Call zero 7789896791.

Cheers
Owen

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Should have included 'of that era' I dare say. Also just realised the start of my phone number has too many sevens!

It's zero 7889 896791.

Thanks
Owen

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, structurally it is sound and solid, I had it in to a respected local classic car garage last year for a couple of thousand pounds worth of work on its mechanicals, and whilst it was up in the air he remarked how clean it is for a 53 year old. The only rust it has is superficial on a few panels, par for the course really, I like to think of it as patina! This includes the front corners of each wing, a little under the chrome trim towards the rear of the car, and a panel under the rear corner of the back bumper, where someone has nudged a curb parking it and crumpled the panel a bit. To have the main bits sorted I've been quoted £500-600, which includes proper cutting out affected areas, welding in new then painting them back in to match the rest of the colour. Along with one door being a slightly different shade and some small rechroming on front bumper, the lot can be done for under £1,000.

These little cosmetic bits are the only things letting it down. Getting these sorted would make the car totally presentable for weddings, prom and movie/TV hire, which all pay several hundred pounds per day. This would be my plan if I was to keep the car.

By the way I have messaged you on eBay chap.

Owen

1 - 10 of 10 Posts