Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Y'all,

I bought my 62' Ford Fairlane a good few years back with good intentions and excitement to make this my first American project car. Unfortunately life caught me up, I no longer have the time or money to progress further. Especially as we need the money for a house deposit.

To give you a heads up before I upload the pics:

1962 Ford Fairlane 500 Coupe
1968 302 V8 Engine Swap with 4Bl Holley Carb
Borg Warner T10 4 Speed Manual Transmission Swap with Hurst Shifter
15inch American Racing TTO Series Wheels

All the engine, Trans and rear axle was swapped prior to me purchasing the car.

The engine runs nice, Holds 55-60 oil pressure. Cooling works good with 3 Row Aluminium Radiator (Still have original Radiator). Electrical system charges fine. Turns over quickly.

The only small stain on the floor is the usual small dribble from the trans plug.

The car was running and driving, Could do with the tracking adjusted as its seems to be toeing in.

A couple of years back the rear screen was hit by a child throwing a stone. The glass was shattered but stayed within its membrane for all this time. Was going to replace with thick custom cut acrylic sheet. Actually better in some cases :)

This is a running PROJECT car, Far from concourse but I was never intending it to be. I was going for more of the Rat Rod look in the end (The cheaper option :) ) So don't expect perfection, This is a very good base to start any project.

Welcome to have a look. I live in Guildford, UK

£4500 ovno

1 - 3 of 3 Posts