Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
NOW SOLD

I'm toying with the idea of selling either one or both of my toys. Just haven't got the space to have them both under cover. really fancy a rod, but may just stick with the Zephyr.

The logical one to sell is the 64 Belvedere as unfortunately it has to sit out under the carport ( albeit under a cover).

Car was originally a 318 car, but is now powered by a very mild 383 with 727 Torqueflite. Only non stock engine parts are headers, Holley 4 barrel and electronic ignition. Both engine and box were freshened up about 3 years ago by Dave Billadeau.
The car was sign written by its previous owner, Chris Froggatt.
It is taxed and Mot'd and has been ultra reliable. Only bad bits are the bottoms of both front wings and one rear arch. I have repair panels for all three areas which will be included in sale.

As I say I love this car to bits and am really in two minds to get rid of it, but really can't look after it while its sat outside, and can't drive two cars at once. :sniff:

Not going to give it away, am looking for £8495.
If anyones interested then email me at [email protected] or PM me.

Attachments

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's started.
Had a guy from Germany interested in car. Emailed me to ask for further pictures, then asked if he could have pictures of all the brake pipes under the car and the brakes with the drums off :eek:

I'm not THAT desperate to sell it. :pmsl:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Probably just wants to know how to put his back together again. :D

Best of luck with the sale. This is one sweet motor you will miss it when its gone :sniff:

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Steve!!

Probably will but getting too old to work on cars outside on the drive, and still got that hot rod itch that needs scratching :D

·
Registered
489 Posts
Hi there, what about the zephyr, are you selling that? it used to be mine about 5 years ago. Has it had anymore upgrades ie front strutts/rear suspension. Do you have a price?

Cheers Clean Kev

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi,
Not sure what I'm doing with Zephyr yet, really want to sell Belvedere first.
Not sure what, or if, anythings been done since you owned it. Did it have the uprated rear springs and Leda struts?
Since I've had it I've tidied it up under bonnet, fitted electronic dissy and new coil and tided up interior a bit by loosing the blue carpet under dash and put Optima battery on.
If I keep it I've got a louvered bonnet to go on and possibly Scorpio seats.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
To be honest I've never run it down the strip. I don't think it would be overly quick, the engine is a very standard unit, having been rebuilt completely stock internally and its fitted with highway gears.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just put the Belvedere on Ebay to see what response I get.

If nothing else its a cheap 10 day advert :lol:

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I appreciate there is a bit of bodywork to do on the car and as I'm not a great believer in the selling powers of Ebay I will consider any sensible offers on the car.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No surprise, it didn't sell on Ebay.

Anyone interested I'm open to sensible offers in the mid £7k's

·
Exceeded sell by date
7,742 Posts
It can only be because it's Christmas rather than the car not being liked. It looks great in the flesh and I don't remember the rust being particularaly bad when I saw it.
Good luck.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks,
I'm away for a couple of weeks so if nothing happens by the time I get back I'll probably leave it a month or so then put it up again.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts