Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1966 Airflow 2 door MK1 Fleet model Cortina
Very presentable car, inner wings and strut tops are original and mint unlike most, supposedly an Australian import brought in a few years ago so very solid, its the rare fleet model with the steel grill (not so common over here!) and has both the opening rear windows and opening 1/4 lights, painted lotus colours, supposedly a 1660 (Can't prove this) X-flow running a matching pair of twin 40's which could do with setting up, 1500GT 4 speed gearbox with the remote shifter, as fitted to the lotus and GT's. Gt front struts with disk brakes, 7x13 JBW Super-lite replica wheels, standard rear axle, GT clocks fitted but not all wired up, MK2 1600e steering wheel, washer bottle and battery moved to the boot, fitted with modern stereo + CD player with an old looking fascia. Rip to the top of the drivers seat (shown in pictures) receipts for near enough £1000 within the last year, few spare parts to go with it, 12 Months M.O.T and free tax of course! The last picture shows the rear spare wheel well which is solid and hasn't been welded, its not a patch (which it looks like on the picture) but is the matting stuff fitted to the boot.
£7250 OVNO Deposit taken!
Call Billy on 0161 797 5395 or 07783404073

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi,would you be interested in a deal for ebay item number 251471779873 plus some cash many thanks Tony 07971 689 744

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Mark,
Minimal welding has been done underneath, best off coming to have a look, I will happily put it on axle stands and you can look around it/ under it at your own will, the inner wings and strut tops are mint and original, floors solid, boot wells either side are good, few blisters on the body but nothing major, its a nice presentable car, it's had a new bonnet put on it which is mint, the old one can go with it which isn't too bad to be honest, bottoms of the doors are solid, boots mint. Probably best having a look as said.

Hi Tony,
I'm guessing you are offering the jeep ? not really my sort of thing sorry and im after a cash sale really as im only selling it because I am insured on my dads Model A now and it makes no sense taking 3 cars when I can drive his and he can tow the caravan :tup:
All the best to you both, Billy

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
gave a mate of mine the phone number for this on friday dont know if he has contacted you or not but he is very interested
mark

·
American Truck importer
11,742 Posts
It is a cracking looking car, as I saw it when delivering the Ford COE truck. Sure I didn't inspect it but it really did catch my eye right away.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks Mark :tup: thanks Jimmy it does come up quite well, the COE is coming along tortoisely slow! once the Cortina is sold, we can get the chassis rolled in the garage :tup: Can just see you driving round Clacton in this Martin, get your wallet out! :D

Bump + Price drop £7250 OVNO

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Wayne :tup: Thanks Martin, still think you should get your wallet out :lol: Thanks Barry will give you a text and sort out meeting up so I can get that window surround to you :tup: Hi 58Spaner, that's not really my sort of thing, it's garage space I need really, thanks alot for the offer though, all the best, Billy :tup:

--- New Post Merged As Per 5 Day Bump Rule ---

Deposit taken :tup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts