Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the water now and due to arive end April or thereabouts.
This 1966 Ford F100 has it's original Y-block V8 and manual gearbox with column shifter.
I wont be able to give a proper description until it arrives here, but I'm told it runs and drives and is completely solid. I have no idea what it will need for an MOT until I inspect it but a set of tyres, UK headlights, a windscreen and probably some brake/electrical work as they all need some of that!
It is the custom cab trim level with extra stainless trim, etc and also a lockable tool box under the bed with access from the side panel. It is a long bed.

Price as landed with UK fees paid : £5500.
Contact: Jim on 07593 187939, or [email protected] or PM me here and keep the thread clean.
p.s. the large lights on top of the front wings are magnetic and part of the tow truck you see hauling it. I will of course post my own pics once it's here and cleaned out.

·
Premium Member
11,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is a much better truck than expected, just had all the hubs off, all brakes working well, one new wheel bearing was fitted, the rest stripped, cleaned, greased and fre-fitted. Brake drums have grooves but will work okay and pass the MOT. All ball joints, etc seem to be good and have been greased. King pins have very slight wear, and the grease took up the play so nothing serious. Tyres are almost brand new, a full set of Michelins. Suspension all in good order.
Body-wise, this old thing is very straight and has no rust on the body. The steel bed floor is good too. I did find some small perforated areas on the cab floor, nothing bad and not close to any stress points so wont fail the MOT.
The keys are still in the States, they are being posted over, but we hot wired it and it runs good and is running from it's own fuel tank. The exhausts are not that old and is a full Flowmaster twin system, sounds great.
Worst point is that the windscreen is cracked, but I knew thta before shipping it. I wanted it done in the States before it left, but it didn't happen, hence the low asking price, which will be more when it goes on ebay. Door windows wind up and down as they should. I'm sure most of the electrics were working, but to pass the MOT, it will need amber rear indicators, and UK spec headlights with sidelights incorporated to do away with the current amber front sidelights. It will need wiper blades and a screen washer kit.
So, a truck that will not cost a lot to put on the road and you can do whatever you want with it later.
The 8ft bed is great for hauling bikes, and I think this has had a camper body on it in the past, and it has one of those optional factory tool boxes in the lower right side bed panel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts