Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im not sure if anyone will be intrested in this becasue it not going to be your every day Hot Rod.But here it goes

I brought this car when i was 16 for £75 at Webs Garage just outside South Cerney, Cirencester.He told me i can buy it of him as long as you put i back how it was

(I nodded yes but in my head i said to myself she`s should make an good hot rod)

My dad was going to help me so he welded in an new floor and heel board.But my dad also owns an 56 mk2 ford Zephry 3rd oldist in the country that need restoreing so he could really spend alot of time on the hornet.And i could`nt weled neaver so i left it for 2 years.i manged to get myself an job and my first wages i brought an MIG WELEDER so i started to work on the old girl and doing the weleding myself.

When i first got her

Dad cut the old floor out

And then i took over with the weleding started to do the boot floor

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Going to pinstrip this on the car

The Front had gotten worse

998CC engine will be comeing out becasue im re-build an MG 1300 and i no that was quick becasue it was in my dads mini and it made an subru Imprezza sweet so im also be putting an stage 3 head on it :smoke:

Stared to take the 998 engine out

And i tiped her over to weld and trim underneath

Got new door cards

Putting in new door step and panel

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Your a brave man,must admit i started to hate ours but now it's done it's good fun.
How many times have you twatted your head on the grill so far :D
We did the opposite to ours,the only car i've 99% restored to standard :shake:

Good luck,looking great so far :tup:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im going to make her low at the front and get an adjust aride and the back so i can higher and lower the back end.

Going to be sparyed black. Haveing 10inc wide steels and the front and 13inc wide steels at the back. I have an nice red intior to go in.

And have 6x9s and 2 8inc subs to blast out some rockbilly

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
welcome parker , this aint just a hotrod site ,the sign says all welcome , i love these ,keep the pics coming:tup:

also a bit premature for the showroom

·
Stay cool, admit nothing
1,836 Posts
This little bad boy rocked up at Krisy Kreme earlier this year. No idea if it was a Hornet or an Elf. But it looked kinda fun. Ain't seen it since.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
My first car was a 64 hornet !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts