Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone, here is my 1968 Camaro.
Price is £ 12,250 or near offer. priced to sell I've done a photobucket album, heres the link
tim65fastback's Library | Photobucket

Its an all steel 68 Camaro.Apart from the cowl hood which is fibreglass. I imported it from the States in September 2012. Its now fully MOT'd and I am just waiting for the application form V55/5 to get it registered. Will be sold with tax disc and number plates, just waiting on the DVLA.
Its a 400ci 4-bolt main GM block with Dart heads, victor jnr and 850d/p Plenty of cam and roller rockers are in there underneath the M/T valve covers but beyond that I havent a clue whats in the engine. Has a powerglide with an 8-inch converter, transbrake, deep pan. Has all the right bits really - flowmasters, Hooker super comp headers, Moser 33 spline 9 inch, new long wheel studs, Lokar handbrake kit linked to the factory mechanism. Dual Holley fuel pumps, MSD 6 and 2-step, Hurst shifter, super tach, ladder bars, coil overs, track locator, fuel cell,line lock. 5-point harnesses and RCI seats. Brand new parts I have just fitted include starter, original RS grille (headlamp covers not installed), wiper motor, wiper arms and blades, gas cap (its not functional), handbrake cables and link kit, . The front suspension and steering is original.Its on Mickey Thompsons at the back. It starts first time and runs strong, Needs an oil pan gasket and a charging system. I've got an alternator that can go with it unfitted but you will need a pulley kit. The body shut lines are really good as hopefully the pics show.Bodywork is all sound but paint has lots of scratches and many small chips The headliner is as new, the glass is totally undamaged and the windows wind up and down. Its a really solid base for either a street or strip car I dont know what gears are in the rear end but would guess at 4.56. PM for more info, I have forgotten all sorts I'm sure. I'm in Devon. cheers Tim

--- New Post Merged As Per 5 Day Bump Rule ---

forgpt to say, on the original advert when I found this car in North Carolina, says the engine was dynoed at 580hp. But I didnt get a sheet with it. I will include all the paperwork and a copy of the original racing junk ad with the car. Registration paperwork sent off to the DVLA on Friday, so if I filled in the forms right it should have no. plates soon.......

1 - 2 of 2 Posts