Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SOLD SOLD SOLD

Sadly, I have to part with my pride and joy 68 Firebird.
I built this car as a keeper, but just can't afford to hang on to it and would rather see it go to someone who will enjoy it than have it sit there.

Let's be clear from the start - if you want a nicely restored car or a pretty weekend cruiser, this isn't for you.

This is a really sharp looking, loud, fast street/strip car, rebuilt with all the best parts. It's been gone through from top to bottom, from the bodywork to all the mechanicals.

The body was stripped and repainted by Bry Whitfield in stunning BMW (Mini) electric blue. The car was red when I got it but is a blue car originally. All steel apart from a high quality glass hood, that cost a fortune to bring into the country.

Inside it is caged, but otherwise stock deluxe interior, retaining the rare factory fold down rear seat.

Originally a straight six car, it now has a professionally built (Dave Billadeau) stroked 400 Pontiac with Edelbrock heads, large solid roller cam and plenty of performance parts (dynoed at 540hp), breathing through Dougs ceramic coated headers and a 3" Flowmaster system.
Correctly registered as a 400.

Transmission is a 5 speed Tremec, through to a 3.7:1 geared Strange S60 Dana rearend - bulletproof. Manual steering and brakes (upgraded SSBC discs up front). Global West A arms and suspension all round, with QA1 shocks. Really firm ride, just as I like it.

Fully rewired with a Painless kit, new trim, lights etc, the list goes on and on. I put in a new MPh speedo on rebuild, now showing 966 miles (but I might put a few more on before sale)

There's an absolute fortune in parts alone.

£19500ovno. I am gutted to have to sell this, so please no timewasters, I'll get enough of those from the ebay ad. PM or call me on 07701 085566 evenings/weekends.
Sorry, no p/x, I need the cash
Nige
CAR NOW SOLD THANKS FOR THE AD

·
Registered
180 Posts
Nige took me out in this on sunday morning. Awesome car,drives really well, if only i had the money it would be sat on my drive.
Anybody want a '32 sedan.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If anyone out theres looking for a good F body, just heard from the current owner that this is back up for sale. Anybody inerested PM me and I'll let you have his details. I'd have it back in a breath if I had the cash.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts