Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey me and vicky have recently brought paul thomas's old pro et camaro, we werre just wondering if anyone had any old pictures and or information on the car. strip and rebuild pictures to shortly follow.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
right bit of of wait for this update lol.

As soon as we got it back home to the Never Again Racing HQ, the workshop fairys set about getting rid of that awfull rear wing some people like them but not really to ours taste.

spoiler gone at last you can start to see the real shape of the car

The chassis was previously tagged to 8.50 but with or engine needs a 7.50 is the only option at the moment.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Dave and Andy then set about stripping the car down of all wiring pumps ect.
Then removal of the Body shell.

after a study of the tech book and some closer inspection the chassis needs more work than originally thought.
But also a few bits im not keen on... weak motor plate mounts, heavy shell, extreamly heavy old body work, thin upper strut mounts, weakly mounted steering colum, rear coilovers had alot of lean back, also rear section of the chassis is really weak,
so will be redone with bigger OD tube and some triangulation between upper and lower rails for some strength

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
right all off the blue tape is where all the tubing is wront or isnt there, so pritty much all of the driver cage is wrong, seat mountings wrong ect ect

thats it for now will update at the weekend
with some pictures of new bodywork from dale @ DRE

·
Care in the Community
2,759 Posts
Looks like a good start to a sweet car... and it's in the right place to get the attention it needs.
Good luck with it and keep us updated on it's progress.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
hey thanks for the pic and info, i recently added rob and sharon on FB and have been chatting to then about the car.
the first post was some time ago and ive since found out a little bit about the car............

This is the earlyist picture ive got, giving to me by dave evens from back in the day at pod

then we have this one from rob elsom

and another few from rob

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I did take the camera up the unit today and snapped pictures of all the new panels (boot lid, doors, spoiler, hood and front valence's), but like a plank i left it up the unit.
I
i did however bring home the front end for a quike mok up.

the panels dont fit to gether too bad for multiple fibreglass panels all in all good.

im not to keen on the initial rise of the scoop some im going to modify it so the rise is a bit more gradual.

more pics to follow at the weekend when i go get the camera.

unfortunatlly no pictures of dave today :tup:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
some more pictures of the new panels and little grace relaxing up the unit.

And one of the chassis were ive started taking out the sheet metal from the rear bolk head.

And a pic of me new compressor

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hey Pete , Cool thread :tup: looking forward to seeing how she comes along..will try and come up soon again for a video update :tup:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hey mate got it from the people you said about i got some more to order which isnt so urgent so will give you a buzz in a few weeks. thanks for you help mate.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts