Rods 'n' Sods banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here it is girls n guys ... a 1973 CB250 K4 rescued from a skip and even though I'm not a Honda fan, I do know they are built from quality stuff so shouldn't be too effed .... well how bad can it be .... well essentially it was scrap and in reality a waste of time ....But since I hate to start something and not finish it... I set too .... So I've been at it quite a while now and done stuff when I could.... Its nearly there... currently I'm working on the carbs... Ive got em apart and the cases are now being sonic cleaned...IT'll all be sorted by Christmas :smoke:

BTW if anyone is interested It is (will be) FOR SALE.... I will make sure it all works first, cos I'm not selling summat with the words.... 'Just needs setting up'

So a few pics of its journey in my shed...
as it arrived

Starting stripdown

Getting ready for build up.. new bearings seals etc

Parts lined up ready

Head cleaned ...get the valves sorted

Engine Assembly

Best get a rolling chassis together

and a tank and seat

Next job Carbs to do...

Engine IN ...Nice new wire loom (oddly enough made in England) and some CRIME SCENE lights.
New HAGON shox .... Reground forks by Philpots.
New tyres, wrapped headers, shorty silencers etc etc

·
Premium Member
14,075 Posts
cool project, my first bike was a '70 cd175 when i was 13 or 14. is that ford purple velvet metallic on the tank?
neil.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is indeed ford purple velvet... it was to see if the colour was OK..... I'm still not sure, but I think it'll work, currently I've flatted it right back and started again with brilliant white... Then I'll do the purple again.... I am not that well versed in painting, but I was thinking I should be able to get a reasonable finish if I take my time and make an effort ... current plan is purple with a cream panel or stripes ...there are side panels to go with it... So the bike will be Purple/Cream/Black... I was told that 3 colours is the max you should use unless you are some talented artist who knows what they are doing ....which with colours and style, I'd put myself as a rank amateur

·
Premium Member
14,075 Posts
Nice project, I'm amazed parts are still obtainable for it.
Good luck, Ron.
david silver spares has 'everything' for our era of honda's. lots of repro stuff as well as nos.
neil.

·
Premium Member
14,075 Posts
It is indeed ford purple velvet... it was to see if the colour was OK..... I'm still not sure, but I think it'll work, currently I've flatted it right back and started again with brilliant white... Then I'll do the purple again.... I am not that well versed in painting, but I was thinking I should be able to get a reasonable finish if I take my time and make an effort ... current plan is purple with a cream panel or stripes ...there are side panels to go with it... So the bike will be Purple/Cream/Black... I was told that 3 colours is the max you should use unless you are some talented artist who knows what they are doing ....which with colours and style, I'd put myself as a rank amateur
i painted my cd175 ford red velvet metallic when i was 14, a colour from the same era :tup: aerosol painting bike panels is just fine (you are using rattle cans?), i find the older lacquers can yellow a bit over time but you can get 2k clear in a can now, you press a button on the can's bottom to mix the hardener so i'm told by a mate who just painted his bobber. he did an almost black dark metallic green with cream panels on the sides with his logo in them. his side panels were just the green and the cream on the tank was just right imo.
good luck with it mate,
neil.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts