Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
NOW SOLD THANKYOU !

So here we go, a 1980 Pontiac Firebird, it does need some tlc and some parts but it could be returned to the road for not too much.

Its fitted with a 350 SBC that has reciepts for nearly £1500 in maching and parts, Edelbrock inlet, Predator carb, headers and a few Arp bolts screwing it down. This has done about 1000 miles only since it was fully rebuilt.

The box is a th350.

The car, it has a 77/78 front nose, 70 - 74 rear screen, Bmw 5 series sports leather ( passenger bolster needs a repair ) fitted.

19" alloys could do with new tyres as 2 were bald ( mmmmm ) and the others have sat for a while.

Does have rad, steering wheel and 4 alloys, looking at the pics they appear missing but they are not.

what it needs,
front screen ( as i borrowed it )
front calipers ( £50 new on the bay )
re wire, i do have some loom but i was going to re do the whole car.
Bonnet
exhaust from headers down
General odds and sods....... hasnt been legally on the road for a few years, misplaced the V5, but can be re applied for, may try and sort this before it goes.

I may break if i get enough interest, but id rather it went as a car.

Id like a Rod or a project rod in exchange, I have another T top car that i may work in on the deal if the right car came up. Would sell for a sensible price too.

Ive wanted a rod for at least 30 years, i think ive waited long enough !!

Drop us a pm if interested and thanks for the Ad :tup:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thankyou and returned, i will try and answer all the pms i recieve as quickly as poss.

Thanks for the interest all.

--- New Post Merged As Per 5 Day Bump Rule ---

I know this will be merged but i wanted all to know that the car is being broken for spares.

Thanks.

·
Registered
112 Posts
looking for a rust/filler free drivers door, what condition is the nose cone and have you got the grill inserts, cheers neil

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ther seems to be some blue carpet stuck in your scoop
Well spotted mate !!! Its a scothbrite pad, just to keep the Crud out when its not running.

Millsy, i dont have the grilles, the nose has lost its lower mounts ( attatch to the fenders ) but was like that when i bought it. As for doors, no i dont, if i had they would be BIG money. Cheers.

·
Registered
695 Posts
best thing to do would be to pull the engine an box keep them for your rod, an weigh the rest in an put the money towards a rolling chassis,

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Russ , Thats the sort of advice that i definitely need !!!

It seems the engine and box are the only thing here thats gaining any interest, but i know the engine and how much is invested in it...........

You may well be on the money there my friend, Thankyou. :tup:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
^^^ lol,

Well, i try and be as honest as poss mate, if you was interested i could shoot you some pics and you can decide whether they are any good for you.

Pm me a email addy if your interested, the price will be good. I promise.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Ross, yep these have a front clip detatchable and the rear chassis rails are welded into the shell.

The wheels will stay with me and so will the running gear. The body and certain parts are still avaliable, the rest i hope will get me somewhere closer to achieving my dream.

--- New Post Merged As Per 5 Day Bump Rule ---

Certain parts are now making theyre way to Fleabay......... cheers all.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts