Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been cleaning and polishing the Astro, so up-dating my advert....

These vans are seriously reliable, this one has covered a little over 69,000km/ 42,000 miles only- took me ages to find one this nice(as repeated by the previous owner). Gleaming white paintwork and two tone grey interior- very well appointed.

Opus take these vans and customise them fully, with a total interior refit and folding bench seats that convert into a full size,very comfortable,double bed in the rear- totally sound-proofed(very quiet ride) and well specified-

Full eight seater- with six full size diagonal seatbelts- the middle two passengers on rear benches have lapbelts-obviously.Vehicle has the coldest Air-Con I've EVER experienced, cruise control electric windows and opening side windows

Fully fitted with a very expensive full Alpine sound system (well over £ 1,000)- flip up screen in dash(Alpine IVA-D310R) with built-in DVD player, drop down screen in rear(Alpine TMX-R700)for when in bed. A full Alpine top line 'Sat-Nav' (Alpine NVE-N099P)and digital TV receiver (Alpine TUE-T150DV)- coupled to the active aerial system(Alpine KAE210-DV) for reception on the move,and the full ipod interface(Alpine KCE 420i)- with full touch screen control over your ipod, chuck it in the glove box-where it charges and operate from the dash-nice! The system has had all the speakers up-graded with Pioneer quality speakers- and is a total joy to watch and listen to... pure quality. Everything has full remote control and can operate individually- so rear passengers can watch TV- wireless headphone can be used(I don't use them- only two of us!)- whilst the front occupants can stare at the Sat-Nav, watch TV- listen to the radio or any combination you could wish for- yes- Sat-Nav does work in the back as well- for those 'are we there yet moments!'

Suspension is lowered nicely -looks great(new front shock absorbers fitted last year) and I've fitted a set of 'Retro steel wheels' (G20 van wheels) painted white with chrome centres and beauty rings, rides nice and looks most cool! All tyres are BF Goodrich white lettered tyres and have full tread. Tax is up to August 2014 along with the MOT until 18th August 2014- as ever passed with no advisories, I've covered less than 600 miles since the last MOT, recently fitted a new quality battery- and sadly just don't use it much- too nice to stand looking pretty and I have too many cars- again!

I am also selling the van with a drive-away awning- easy put-up, sits next to the van and is the perfect addition for the weekend away- and events stop-over, makes a great sitting, dressing, washing or cooking area- and reserves your parking space if you need to replenish your bar stocks.

I had one of these vans before but this one is just the nicest I've seen, always prefer the low roof version, and the lack of excessive amounts of wood inside- just my choice! Owned by me since September 2011- and I've been everywhere in it- I work weird hours and am often called out at all times to work- self employed, so reliability is paramount- it's never failed me or let me down- very common with these when looked after.

Looking for £ 5,500 or best offer, need the room- shame to see it just sitting about- too nice for that!

Anyway- for leisure, work or everything- you're welcome to come and view, my mobile number is 07806 391666- for any further information you may need, drop me a text or PM me with your email if you need any further pictures, I live very close to J26 M1 Nottingham.

Thanks for looking- beats a VW any day- in my opinion, very exclusive and totally cool......

1 - 1 of 1 Posts