Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I think most of you have probably seen this car at some point. It's done the rounds before I had it and now time for me to move on.

Fibreglass body (all steeled out) steel door and decklid, steel firewall, modified pop browns chassis, low mileage German flathead V8, single 94 carb, 5 speed zf gearbox with overdriven fifth, sits at 80 on the motorway all day, open drive ford pilot banjo rear, pilot rear crossmember and spring, pilot front beam, mix of Pilot and 40s ford brakes with a remote servo, 19" wires with skinny crossplies plus one spare, 37 zephyr steering box with cross steer set up (no bump steer ever) custom made ragtop which fits real good but needs a bit of repairing. Good, simple, reliable car and never fails to start.

Had the steering box rebuilt and new kingpins for the MOT so everything is nice and tight on the steering.

Model: '27 T

Year: 1947

Mileage: 107K

Tax: August 2012

MOT: August 2012

Pics: See below. Some borrowed as they were taken at Retro Rides Gathering :)

Price: £6500

Contact details:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Weather is warming up now - perfect for an open top! If there's still no interest I'm gonna weigh it in folks.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bit of a running joke on another forum but it sparked a bit of interest eh :D

Will be at Wheels Day with a For Sale sign in if anyone wants a better look.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I like this.what size cc is the flat head.whats the condition of the wire wheels,has it got a tow bar or would it tow a small caravan?also is £6500 the dropped price.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi, it's a 3944cc I think - it's the bigger German flathead like the later Merc one. The wheels are very good condition with nearly new tyres. No tow bar, but it should tow a caravan no problem because it's not short of power. Yes, £6500 is the dropped price :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts