Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still loads to do,as you can see.Frame is TCI to which I've fitted a stock rear cross member.F100 front brakes and steering.Wheels are 4 and 4 1/2 x 16 early Ford with black wall Firestones.Front axle is Mor-Drop,rear is 8 inch.Repro Hallock screen and 10 gallon Moon tank for the bed.Motor is a '65 289,warmed over and blue-printed,with a t-10 4 speed.

Attachments

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Finally got time to do some work on the A today.I got the filled dash cut out so I could mock up the turned gauge panel which is mounted from behind(ooh err missus).I'm changing the layout of the gauges a little,by moving the two outer gauges down a touch to centralise them in the panel.Early Ford rims are back from the blasters just needing painted.
Hi and thanks,Charlie!

Attachments

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Recently been working on the steering box and mounting.I wanted to mount the F100 box through the frame but,as it 's a box section frame,a fair bit of work was involved.
First off,I trimmed and re-drilled the mounting flange of the steering box to ensure it fit inside the frame rail.

Next step was to fabricate a wedge plate,to mount box to frame.The bolt holes are slotted so I can adjust the column angle.The plate was then inserted in the outside face of the frame rail.An oval slot was then cut on the inside of the frame and the box fitted.

Pics to follow.

·
Banjo snapper.
3,507 Posts
That looks nice & neat Mark.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Finish welded and tidied up the steering box.As the car needed to be dismantled to do this,I was pleased to get this job out of the way so I could get it to the 'roller' stage.

Finally sitting on the Firestones at last!
I wasn't happy with my previous attempt at the engine mounts so,I re-did them.Pretty happy with them now.

Trial fitted the rad and shell the other night and couldn't resist throwing on the cowl and hood for a sneak peak!

Cheers,
Mark

·
Registered
398 Posts
looking good

its looking like you have got a fine car coming together there mark and keep it up all the best derek rainy city manchester

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Derek,thanks for the kind comments,much appreciated.:tup:
Thanks yorkie,yeh, there seems to be loads on here.Not a bad thing though!:D

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Made up some brackets for the rear of the wishbones and tacked them in.Mounted them as far inboard as I could to give the impression of un-split 'bones.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got a lakes header kit with 30 inch cones a while back from Paul at Duksville(cheers mate).

As I wanted to run them down the frame rails,I needed to extend them.So I got these table legs from B&Q!

Not my idea,I'm afraid.Stole it from an article in Custom Car on that wicked track nosed roadster built by F.H.Ellis.
Once I'd trimmed the cones and table legs,I tacked them together,giving me 42 inch cones.
The headers are still in their early stages but,here's a couple pics to give you an idea;

That's all for now,
cheers,Mark.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Very little progress recently due to weather,work,the usual crap!Got a bit more done to the headers,pretty pleased with how they're turning out,though I've run out of mandrel bends!Not to worry though as Geordie Paul has come to the rescue so I should be able to get on with them soon.They're going to be a tri-y design.

Chucked the rad and hood on the other night.Hood needs a bit of straightening and notches in the bottom of the hood sides to clear the headers.But it's getting there.

Cheers,
Mark.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Ian and Paddy.
Finally got some more work done to the headers!.Still need to clean up the welds,fit blanking caps and a take-off for the exhaust system but,the hard work is done.Don't want to do another set in a hurry!

Cheers,
Mark.

·
Banjo snapper.
3,507 Posts
Love the look of the headers mate, what are you planning on coating them with?

·
MR UN-POPULAR
2,678 Posts
like the look of the slots in the K members mark... bet they took a bit of work cutting out? well worth the effort though:tup:

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Cheers Ian.Yep lots of work,being the tight arse I am,they were chain drilled and hand filed.Next time I'll buy a hole saw!LOL

1 - 20 of 51 Posts