Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its a mates project thats he's had for years and years! managed to get him to bring it out to the HRD's a couple of years ago...

The body apart from the hood and fenders (which he's made glass moulds for) is made from solid filler that he's hand sanded and shaped!

Next step it taking the thing to bits and taking moulds off but sadly he aint really got the time or the money to attack it, plus its looking good as it is and cant bring himself to take it all to bits again lol

I think its something he'd like to do as a "kit car"... be an interesting project, i recon it would make a good first rod for someone plus it might appeal to the kit car and 2cv market too?

Oh and the roof has a trick hinge mechanism and rolls back behind the seat!

Anyway, whatcha think?? :tup: or :tdown:

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
i have been very lucky in that i love cars, that is so cool, even the 2cv race cars are fat :tup:

·
fat rotbox rodder
5,805 Posts
i remember seeing that last year at the nostalga drags or the hotrod drags and thinking thats a cool car:tup:

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
im guessing (Kev ??) that something like that wouldn't need an sva (or whatever their calling it this week) ??

i'd happily trundle around in one of those - its great :smoke:

·
Dragging not Bragging
5,720 Posts
Honestly ......................

I was expecting to be the only one to say how cool it was (thats what normally happens) but that is such a good build and for newbies to the hobbie i would imagine the base vehicle would be a cheap starter for insurance purposes

What a bloody good idea

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
im guessing (Kev ??) that something like that wouldn't need an sva (or whatever their calling it this week) ??
I think he's done it so its all SVA legal too! roundy edges, lights will be in correct positions and all that bollox... Failing that i think its still a 2CV "special" on the log book still so yes cheap insurance and age related plate i guess! ;)

Its a great fun thing to drive too! (even weighing 50 tons of filler and occasionally on 1 cylinder) lol

Big thanks to everyone for the positive feedback! really wasnt expecting such a great response! :tup:

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The difficult question is whats it worth on the road??

Bearing in mind them wire wheels were over a grand and the trick sidepipes wernt a 5 minute job to make either, has heat exchanger under the bonnet so it actually has a heater in it! ;)

·
78 Bronco BRING IT ON!
440 Posts
I think it would look good on steels with moon discs though you can`t beat the wires.It`s by far the best 2cv based kit I`ve ever seen,it`s got a very "classic sports car" look about it.Would`nt it make a mess if he got rear ended.I think just to save all the work he`s put into it he should take a mould of it.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.