Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Shaun Saunders changed the colour & fitted the daisy mags when he owned the car.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
The only thing I never liked about it was the front tyres were way too tall.

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Loved the beam breakers Mick, but think it looked far better with the Cragar SS's (sorry 'bout the state of the photo)

Nicked this one, Best photo in the world ?

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
The first pic is an early one Bob, pre beam axle. I has them common wheels as well. LOL

·
Registered
332 Posts
Paul

Was the 1st photo from Detling ???
I think this was from an early Wheelsday (2nd/3rd?) at South Hill Park, Bracknell ...he had his Volvo at the first one (Revolvor..remember that?)

Thinking about it it must have been the 3rd Wheelsday as he had his '56 at the 2nd (can't remember how many we held there)

·
Having a cuppa
2,629 Posts
The only thing I never liked about it was the front tyres were way too tall.
I'm with you there. I've got a copy of Hot Car (March 79) with a side view and it looks like the wheels are on the wrong way round. Suppose it was whatever was available at the time. Top looking car otherwise though.

·
Exceeded sell by date
7,741 Posts
I'm with you there. I've got a copy of Hot Car (March 79) with a side view and it looks like the wheels are on the wrong way round. Suppose it was whatever was available at the time. Top looking car otherwise though.
I think you'll find it was because Martin liked the tall profile as do a few people. Those were not an easy tyre to buy. It also depends which of Martins rear wheel sets was on at the time. In the other pics above where it has 200S wheels I agree that the tyres there look out of proportion but that was with a later owner and is only my personal preference.

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
I think you'll find it was because Martin liked the tall profile as do a few people. Those were not an easy tyre to buy. It also depends which of Martins rear wheel sets was on at the time. In the other pics above where it has 200S wheels I agree that the tyres there look out of proportion but that was with a later owner and is only my personal preference.
Think what Gentleman Steve is saying is, it looked the fucking bollocks with the tall Avons & Cragers on
and a 4X4 with the 200s wheels :D

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I put one up on the other thread ' 11 DYN in blue' in case you havent seen it.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts