Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And he would have been 70 this year too. So here's a little remembrance to John Lennon, not perhaps the best musician or songwriter in the world, but a man who at least truly believed in peace and love.

I saw this live on 5th May 1990. It still sends shivers down my spine now. Cyndi Lauper does justice to his lyrics. Enjoy.

·
Registered
510 Posts
In my opinion one of the greatest songwriters..... 'Imagine', 'In my life', 'Nowhere man', 'Woman', and the aforementioned 'Working Class Hero'.

·
I'm Not Jed Clampett
2,725 Posts
In my opinion one of the greatest songwriters..... 'Imagine', 'In my life', 'Nowhere man', 'Woman', and the aforementioned 'Working Class Hero'.
All of those are great songs, plus he wrote "Jealous guy" and "Nobody Loves you when You're down and out" which are much better known for being performed by others. A truly great songwriter IMO also.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Good version of the song and ain't it strange how the words are relevant even today perhaps even more so.

A talent sadly missed r.i.p.

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
As far as i'm concerned, Lennon is/was the best songwriter this country, possibly even the world has ever seen.

·
Having a cuppa
2,629 Posts
I normally can't stand Cyndi Lauper but I liked that.

Did anyone else see "Nowhere Boy" on the telly on Sunday night? Good film, though I'm not sure how factually accurate it was. Cracking soundtrack on it too, for people who aren't too fussed about Lennon and the Beatles, with loads of 50s rock & roll and rhythm & blues.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts