Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
In-between 1932 & 1951
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Started fitting up my new frame tonight ,which i knew would be a challenge because the aperture was a strange shape across the top,but what i wasn't expecting was the lower section not to match the scuttle panel ,its about 1/2 inch out across the middle . Options heat it up and re-bend it or use a fly press anybody got any other suggestions ??:shake:

cheers Matt.

·
Premium Member
1,498 Posts
Out of interest, have you bought this from somewhere or had this frame made up ?

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,094 Posts
As it's Jago there is no guarantee that the parts are faithfully replicas as the roadster and 5 window were based on a cabriolet body.

If it were me I'd probably go with splitting the bulkhead and jacking it up to the shape of the frame ...especially as you are gettingg good at this GRP game ;) :tup:

·
I am with the dark side..
129 Posts
Ahhh, good old Jago fit!
When you have yours square can you help me with mine?
Give me a shout so I can come over, watch & learn.
Cheers

·
In-between 1932 & 1951
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks All

,i knew i was taking a gamble buying a repro frame and it being a Jago body (no offence) but got quoted some stupid prices to make one from people i used to trade with !! plus it was clear the top of the aperture was way out of shape ;oh well looks like the bulkhead is going under the knife as well !!:roll:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts