Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a 32 3W bench seat, any condition considered from a makeshift bench to a fresh glide, I cannot get in the buckets anymore. Not having much luck on the internet so any advice also appreciated and I need something fairly quick.

·
stitchmeister
twin turbo LS 59 chevy apache
4,668 Posts
you will be surprised how easy it is for you to make yourself from just to sheets of 8x4 plywood !!!!!!!!
then just depends on the finish you want

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you will be surprised how easy it is for you to make yourself from just to sheets of 8x4 plywood !!!!!!!!
then just depends on the finish you want
Thanks for the reply, I think you are right, I made some years ago for a truck. I am a builder and have a lot of joinery kit and a workshop and a hotrodder. This is very embarrassing.
I have seen the original wooden frames but do I copy them?
Can you trim it for me tuck and roll fairly quickly?
Thanks again Mike

·
stitchmeister
twin turbo LS 59 chevy apache
4,668 Posts
everything is a yes except for quickly !!!!!!!!!!!!!! my diary is solid on projects but can be squeezed in between sometimes but how soon you thinking ?
i also know of a yank bench seat for sale that wayne allman has in his workshop at intergalactic custom shop which is 51" wide 01789 450001

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have been offered a Glide frame only but cannot have it for a while so I am fitting a couple of MX5 leather tombstones in the meantime to buy me some time. Not perfect but comfy. I new the timing was all wrong but thanks for the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts