Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
The Wrench
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I'm trying to source a boot lid for a 32, with louvres. Or does anybody know somebody who can make said lid.

·
Exceeded sell by date
7,741 Posts
I've used a glass lid on mine over which I've attached a louvered 'skin'. Works fine. My skin was made and louvered by FH. Ellis in Hampshire...excellent job.

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
I believe Steves Auto Restorations in Oregon do them. guess it depends on how quick you need it, i could get A Brookville outer skin in and i know a few people who can louvre it over here, one being as Steve said F H Ellis.
If its for a 3 window then i have an inner and outer skin here in the Uk.
Russ

·
The Wrench
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I believe Steves Auto Restorations in Oregon do them. guess it depends on how quick you need it, i could get A Brookville outer skin in and i know a few people who can louvre it over here, one being as Steve said F H Ellis.
If its for a 3 window then i have an inner and outer skin here in the Uk.
Russ
Sorry I'm a bit green to the difference in size between a 3 window and a roadster. Could you give me sizes to go on and I will get in the garage and check. have a glass one at the moment but need the louvres for function not show ;) so an outer skin would do.

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
No problem i can tell you that a 3 window one will not fit a roadster i,m afraid.
The 5 window coupe and Roadster are the same however but not in stock over here with me, i could get an outer skin only for you but it will be 6-7 weeks before it here.
Russ
In Sunny Luton :tup:
Sorry I'm a bit green to the difference in size between a 3 window and a roadster. Could you give me sizes to go on and I will get in the garage and check. have a glass one at the moment but need the louvres for function not show ;) so an outer skin would do.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Call Paul Hobby on 07961162265, He has a huge louvre press and has just louvred my 32 5w boot lid, he could also make you a skin, if thats the way you want to go, certainly cheaper that way.

·
The Wrench
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Call Paul Hobby on 07961162265, He has a huge louvre press and has just louvred my 32 5w boot lid, he could also make you a skin, if thats the way you want to go, certainly cheaper that way.
Thanks, I'll call him asap.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Call Paul Hobby on 07961162265, He has a huge louvre press and has just louvred my 32 5w boot lid
Heres some pictures of Steves 32 5w Boot, which Paul & Steve have just louvered :cool:

Outer skin not rolled over yet, final fit still to be determined, so bit more work to do yet, but should give you the idea

So next time you fancy some louvres, you know who to ring

The louvre press or Linda as she is affectionatly known, has a real deep throat & can swallow virtually any size car panel

·
The Wrench
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Spoke to Paul yesterday and sent measurements last night. Seeing the bootlid above I know I've contacted the right guy.
Thanks to you all.:tup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts