Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Just drawings up a build plan for my Rodline 34 ford. I have decided to fit a Volvo 240 rear axle as there are plenty of folks that have done that and say they are a good fit hub to hub and function well in the 34 chassis with a rover V8.
I was wondering if anyone had 1st hand experience of a front suspension and steering setup from a donor car of British or European heritage fitted to a 34?
I’m not trying to build a bling rod just one that is safe and enjoyable to drive. So functionality, servicing and ease of assembly to the 34 chassis is more important. Any info from anyone with first hand experience of building a low budget 34 from European donor parts would be very much appreciated.
Thanks
Steve

·
Enthusiastic Amateur
757 Posts
Steve, My 34' Sedan is up your way as Ross Morrisons. It has an IFS fitted. It would be worth having a word with Ross.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Steve, My 34' Sedan is up your way as Ross Morrisons. It has an IFS fitted. It would be worth having a word with Ross.
Hi,
Ross Morrison, I don’t know of him. Should I? Is he a hot rod builder based in Scotland? Did you build the 34 sedan yourself?
Steve

·
Premium Member
14,313 Posts
i'd look at wayne's front ends. he's 'nobody' on here (he replied above).
neil.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have independant front end coming out of my 34 Chassis in next couple of weeks if you are interested View attachment 630557
Thanks for the offer!
Can I ask why you are taking it out of the chassis? What is the crossmember and arms etc from? Did it require much modification to the chassis to install those front rails look very close at the front.
Steve

·
Registered
175 Posts
Thanks for the offer!
Can I ask why you are taking it out of the chassis? What is the crossmember and arms etc from? Did it require much modification to the chassis to install those front rails look very close at the front.
Steve
Hi Steve, it is a 34 corner chassis crossmember and suspension,new never built but been in storage, I am replacing it with I beam as im running fenderless

1 - 12 of 12 Posts