Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it was the maiden voyage for my old Austin and we wouldn't have got there if it hadn't been for the help of a couple of helpful guys who stopped and offered assistance. Got caught in traffic at Moreton in the Marsh and turned the motor off, came to start it and no joy. Turned out to be a flat battery and iffy charging system. Ratty '40s truck turned up, swapped batteries, convoyed to site. Changed batteries back, handed over some beers - thanks you guys we would have been stuck without you.
Lots of folk showed an interest having seen it on this forum - sorry if I was a bit preoccupied with tracing the charging fault and couldn't always stop to chat but I really did not want it to go home by recovery.
Had an absolutely cracking weekend despite the weather, met some great people, saw some fantastic cars...and drank some beer and did a little dance (hmmm...)...
Sadly had to leave early Sunday as I didn't want to use lights and wipers but managed to get home under our own steam - maiden voyage - fuckin' ace.
Thanks to Ian for seeing us most of the way home and thanks to everyone who tried to help/offered tools/spare battery etc. - much appreciated, you all know who you are.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the compliment, you don't know how good that makes me feel - still loads to sort but it's great to get nice feedback. Right, back to the garage...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts