Rods 'n' Sods banner

941 - 957 of 957 Posts

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #943
Hi Guys and Girls. Hope you are all well :tup:
Thank you very much for the comments ,I never thought that my little build would get so much interest .........thank you :tup:
Quick update , I am very lucky to have 2 workshops at home .I keep one for storage of cab/bed or other body work, doors ,bonnet etc.
I also use it for bodywork and priming ,just to keep all the dust in one place.
With this "lock down" i thought i would use my time wisely and get on with the last remaining body work ( the inner trim parts I made and the panels for the truck bed) . To move the truck into the other workshop is not a straight forward job , with it still on the chassis table its too heavy to man handle it into the other shop.So I have to strip it down to the chassis ,then put it back together:tdown:
I am hoping that the next time I have the truck in the other workshop it will be re-primed ,blocked and possibly ready for paint ( but pigs might fly!!!!!!!!!).

Cheers guys .Stay safe :tup::tup:

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #945
Hi Guys ,not very exciting but here are a few pics of various stages of paint prep .Most of the smaller parts are ready including the cab and doors .
Other parts have been spot primed and just need a tickle !!.

I am just about to start on the truck bed , I have had a small change of plan regarding the storage box that is built into the bed that holds the air ride kit.
I will post some pics when done .

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #950
Hi guys, just thought I would wish all at Rods n Sods a very happy new year :tup:
I have been busy but the paint prep has taken far longer than expected (as always it seems) Just a few pics of progress ,not very exciting .
One job I had been putting off was prepping the underside of the cab . I did some prep to the tunnel and the toe boards but it went far better than i was expecting :tup:.
I must admit i'm not a fan of stone chip but I thought it would practical on the floor pans but as you can see i have left it off certain areas.
The truck bed is 95% done ,there is some sealer to do and patch priming but thats it :tup:
More soon , but it is much of the same ............rubbing down and more rubbing down:tdown::tdown:

·
I ain't nobody dork!
324 Posts
I've loved following this build from the very beginning, every installmant has been a masterclass in what can be achieved.
I'm so looking forward to seeing it finished but equally sad that the updates will come to an end.
Keep going Mark, the home straight awaits you!
Spence

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #954
I've loved following this build from the very beginning, every installmant has been a masterclass in what can be achieved.
I'm so looking forward to seeing it finished but equally sad that the updates will come to an end.
Keep going Mark, the home straight awaits you!
Spence
Hi Spence , thank you so much for your great comments.
I truly believe "the home straight awaits",but I also know there is still alot to do .This in mind ,the detail fitting is probably the most enjoyable part of the process.

I know the updates will come to a natural end for this truck but I do intend on doing another project . This truck HAS to be FINISHED first and if all goes well I have a large building project of my own to start and complete in 2022 (bit of a bus mans holiday really !!!!!!)so the next project will have to wait .
We will probably have to live in a mobile home on site while the work goes on and that will probably limit the access to my man caves :tdown:.
I will use this time wisely by hunting down the next project .
Thanks again Spence .

·
Premium Member
14,079 Posts
Hi Spence , thank you so much for your great comments.
I truly believe "the home straight awaits",but I also know there is still alot to do .This in mind ,the detail fitting is probably the most enjoyable part of the process.

I know the updates will come to a natural end for this truck but I do intend on doing another project . This truck HAS to be FINISHED first and if all goes well I have a large building project of my own to start and complete in 2022 (bit of a bus mans holiday really !!!!!!)so the next project will have to wait .
We will probably have to live in a mobile home on site while the work goes on and that will probably limit the access to my man caves :tdown:.
I will use this time wisely by hunting down the next project .
Thanks again Spence .
oooh! can't wait for a, the next project and b, to first see this 'marvel' finished. good luck on the building project too.
neil.

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #956
Hi Neil, hope you are well.
Thank you for your kind words .:tup::tup:
When the first lock down started I used the time wisely and set myself a target (which I hadn't done before .The truck was done when it was done!!!)which was to see if I could get the truck to the 2021 Super Nationals .I am still trying but I have my doubts .
I haven't given up yet !!!!!
Cheers Neil ,stay safe . Mark.

·
Premium Member
14,079 Posts
Hi Neil, hope you are well.
Thank you for your kind words .:tup::tup:
When the first lock down started I used the time wisely and set myself a target (which I hadn't done before .The truck was done when it was done!!!)which was to see if I could get the truck to the 2021 Super Nationals .I am still trying but I have my doubts .
I haven't given up yet !!!!!
Cheers Neil ,stay safe . Mark.
hi mark, yes we're all well mate and you?
i'm sure you could get to the supernats with the truck this year, even if it's not finished and taken on a trailer. it'll be great to see it, finished or not.
neil.

941 - 957 of 957 Posts