Rods 'n' Sods banner

81 - 100 of 957 Posts

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Not very much progress this weekend . Just a few pics showing the closing panel welded to the step sill , this is folded on the top edge to allow for frame work under floor .Also I am now happy with the shape of the new "b" post , so I have added a couple of extra supports inside the cab. This allows me to cut off the lower section of cab and start fabricating the new corner which will be mirrored in the shape of the leading edge of the bed. Hope that makes sense ..........if not it will be as clear as mud later !!!!!!!!!.

·
Registered
545 Posts
First time on this thread. Your body work is superb!!!! Will follow this one!!!!
Philip

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Cheers Philip, its very slow progress but I don't make it easy for myself . I just want it to be a little diferent !!!!!!!.It's really just an exersize in keeping me in the garage and out of the bordem of DIY!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Not much done this weekend .Couple of pics showing the eary stages of the new rear corner of the cab . Having never used an english wheel before starting this truck project I was very pleased with the lower corner as it starts next to the door very flat and then curves around the corner towards the chassis and curls underneath toward the running board .I am sure you guys that are using a wheel all the time would have no trouble with this little detail . Hope to make better progress if I get a chance in the week.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Trust me folks, you need to see this metal work close up! It's not until then that you realise how precise and clever it is. A true metalworking God!
It'll almost be sad to spray it, but then again, I've seen all your 'best paint' trophies..... hhhmmmmm decisions decisions....

Have a coffee ready, I'm iching for another sneak peek!

·
Registered
725 Posts
Its odd as many topics as i look at & then miss one like this ! not what i thought it would be at all ! fantastic, some great work & some nice touche's

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Hi Hellblue, thanks for your comments . What were you you expecting ?????????:D.Thanks again for you advise.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I was expecting a more run of the mill build, not such a quality well thought out & engineered build :tup: keep up the good work

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Thanks for the comments. I must admit I find the guys that are struggling in dark damp garages with limited equipment the real insperation.But if you really want something just give it a try .

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Thanks Seventhheaven for the comments , but I told you before you dyslexic fool it's" DOG" not god. I'll get the kettle on.

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Had a little bit of spare time this week , so I have cut out the upper "b" post to mock it up around rear corner of the door . I am just building a basic frame work to hold the rear roof section in place to start fabricating all the pieces to join the roof back together . Hopefully more pics at the end of the weekend .

·
Premium Member
3,624 Posts
Just popped in for a quick look, ended up reading all 10 pages.
Its so interesting whatching the truck evolve. Great workmanship :tup:

Jeff

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
Thanks Jeff,I just try to put the pics in that be as interesting as possible and to try and show how much work goes into our hobby!!!!!!.

81 - 100 of 957 Posts