Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what became of a 1938 Olds Coupe a friend of mine owned in the mid 80's , I'm sure Ken Brookes owned it at one time and pro streeted it but where is it now ?.

This is the day we got it home when Cliff Beckett bought it - genuine opera coupe with fold down rear seats attached to the side panels , was a kind of barn find in a lock up in Cosham . He swapped it with Ian Coombs for a mild custom 46 Buick 2dr fastback , Ian had a glass hood made for it and sprayed it matt black ...

... then shortly after another mate Chris Weldon got it and painted it satin yellow . He ran it like that for a while then over the winter it got a 455 Olds ,TH400 and 10 bolt rear , redone the interior , sorted the bodywork and painted it base tinter orange .

·
Premium Member
5,806 Posts
It then got painted cream and as you say pro streeted (I do't know if Ken Brookes owned it though, I'll have to ask him). It was then rear ended, possibly leaving the Supernationals at Knebworth one year. It was rebuilt it's still around but in multi coloured graphic striped paint and a 'kin great ally rear wing on the back.

·
Premium Member
4,207 Posts
It turns up at Shakey couple of times a year with a for sale sign on it,Bry

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
heres the street machine article from 91 on it & a pic from 08. I cant say the recent guise is up my street, looks much better in a single color

cheers
si

·
MarkT
1,117 Posts
Ken Steel Prostreeted it when it was in its white/creame guise then on leaving the nats at knebworth after prize giving in the mayhem to get out Ronnie rammed his T bucket into it thus twisting the rear etc , after a payout from the insurance company Ken decided to move it on thats when Tony Melcer got hold of it and straightened the damage and painted it multi coloured with the big 38 grafic on it , Tony got rid of it a few years ago now and is into motorbikes now.....Hope this helps...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts