Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im in the process of importing a 39 chevy coupe and will be looking to sort indicators / lights etc to comply in uk, any ideas ie halogen bulbs, cool looking indicators etc would be appreciated, cheers

·
Registered
422 Posts
No need for extra lights. Put them inside your red tail lights so the tail lights flash, and front parking lights use a twin filament kit. Keeps it simple and within the law. That's what I have on my 50 Chevy truck. Im not sure what mods you would need, but they do 'normal type' LED bulbs on Ebay. The fronts can be white, and the rear red on real old vehicles. Check with the DVLA or MOT station.

·
Registered
422 Posts
My chevy has 7 inch front headlamps which is the same as most old VW Beetles and busses, so if yours are the same size headlamp it may be worth checking out the VW outlets. Don't forget to change over to right hand headlamps, convert to 12 volts, and change polarity (all very easy). The stolvebolt.com site, or Patricks in Arizona has all the info, except its American. The 6 volt wiring harness and starter motor can easily take 12 volts as it normally take twice the amps as 12 volts. With 12 volts you can run a stereo and sat nav etc. I bought one of those indicator arm bolt ons from the hotrod outlets.

Its all worth doing and easier than you think.

Any problems, give me a shout. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cheers for that, will check out the sites you mention, hadnt thought of 12v as thought id might be a bit involved , but would be good for sat nav etc like you say

1 - 4 of 4 Posts