Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Exceeded sell by date
7,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have for sale a set of Western alloy wheels. Four at 15 x 7 to fit Chevy stud pattern. These are the same appearance as an American Racing Outlaw 2 but are made by Western Wheel. They come with 225 70 15 American M&S Radial GT tyres with plenty of tread and were taken off my 55 this afternoon so balanced up and ready to bolt on. They come with centre caps, three eared spinners, nuts and locking nuts(With key). Drive perfectly with no vibration or nasties. Condition is good with only a little spidering in the lacquer. Pictures to follow...my *blinking* camera batteries just went flat!
£300.00
Steve.

·
Exceeded sell by date
7,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
These wheels, and most Chevy cars are 5 x 4.75. Some of the big sedans and wagons are 5 x 5.
I couldn't move I'd miss my local kebab shop!
What car is it and how are you measuring?

·
Exceeded sell by date
7,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If it's a van it probably is 5 x 5".
Try measuring from the centre of one stud right across to the outside of the one 2 around.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Measuring that way won't give the correct pcd distance. If I measure accross I need to measure from the centre of a stud accross the center of the wheel to the arc between the opposite two bolts that would be there if I were to draw a circle that passes through the center of all the bolts, if that makes sense? Far easier to just measure to the center and double it. :)

·
Exceeded sell by date
7,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well it's been a quick way of doing it for many years but do whatever you're happy with.
It does give the correct result.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts