Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Miss Petrolhead.
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To anyone who has messaged me regarding the WILLYS. I am going to postpone the viewings and possible sale until I can get the car back to Harlow where viewings will be easier to arrange and more convenient to all concerned. There are just too many enquiries to message you all back one by one so I hope everyone does see this message. Thanks for the interest and I will put the car back up for grabs soon. Cheers guys :tup:

·
Premium Member
7,457 Posts
Whats so hard about doing a group PM ?
Theres no attension seeking if it was all done privately.

Personally i wouldnt buy anything of the op.seams like a proper time waster.

What a better way to get it across youre selling a car.spaming a forum.

Cant a mod move all their posts onto their for sale add

·
Miss Petrolhead.
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well thanks for being a total load of prats guys...I don't want to be part of anything if you wont even give me a chance . Fuck you all.

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
I would not normally post on a thread like this, but have to admit the postings about this willys all seem a bit strange, just my personal opinion but if you want to sell your car surely its not to much to ask to answer any enquirys you have received, I find it hard to believe that there are so many people out there with 10k burning a hole in there pocket that want a willys, that you could not find the time to personally reply to.
I love the car and if I had the cash I would be on the phone arranging a viewing all excited , to then be told its not for sale would be a real bummer,
Maybe Rockrulz should think about how it feels from a buyers perspective (if you think you have found your dream car) and then the deals off, before retaliating with Fuck you all

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
Is it a willys or a replica of a willys.
I went to look at one in Holland advertised as a Willys and it was made out of fiberglass.
I don't recall that being an option in 1941.

·
ready salted
1,817 Posts
Why has the OP put "possible sale" in his first post on this thread?? Either it's for sale or it's not. I reckon he's put this on here to try & drum up more interest, he must think that people on here are mugs....you got it spot on Wayne:tup:

What an attitude saying "fuck you all", I'd say the sale's off then....can't see anyone wanting to deal with him after that.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Why has the OP put "possible sale" in his first post on this thread?? Either it's for sale or it's not. I reckon he's put this on here to try & drum up more interest, he must think that people on here are mugs....you got it spot on Wayne:tup:

What an attitude saying "fuck you all", I'd say the sale's off then....can't see anyone wanting to deal with him after that.
he is actually a her....so please mind your language

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Really bizarre post never witnessed this before !!

I think you,d be a laughing stock buying it and you,d get ribbed at any show !!

I for one wouldn't drive hours to view a car and turn up and find someone 5 minutes before brought it so you wasted a day and £,as of fuel.

It's for sale or it's not agree with you lot must think we are a load of nob heads !!

·
Compulsive chicken choker
6,363 Posts
Sorry, can't bite my tongue any more on this.

1. The OP posts an advert for a car (situated miles away from where they live) and gets an overwhelming response that she cannot handle.
2. She decides that the only way to handle a sale properly is to move the car nearer home so folks can see it.
3. Due to the amount of inquiries she posts a general notification that she's suspending the sale until the car is moved.

I've read it and re-read it and apart from (3) above where she perhaps should have contacted everyone who expressed an interest, I fail to see why it needs two pages of what amounts to keyboard bullying and abuse. It would only have taken 15 minutes to click "reply" to each pm, but seeing as 70% would have been photograph hunters and 25% penniless time-wasters you perhaps understand why she took the approach she did.

Some of the comments on here amaze me. This site used to be one of the coolest, friendly, relaxed sites out there for petrol-heads. The tone of this thread reminds me of some of he wolf-pack style bullying on the HAMB.

Why the anger guys? Were you personally affected? Were you really interested in buying it? If not, why the fuck comment????

1 - 20 of 35 Posts