Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Following my last post about clearance issues between my Pete & Jakes shocks and the panhard mounting, I have tried sleeving the mount and grinding the rod but I still can't get enough clearance.
Automotive tire Bicycle frame Crankset Automotive lighting Bicycle tire

So, I've been scratching my head as to how to fix this. My latest idea is to remove the pin/mount and turn up an offset pin to replace it.
It looks like the original pin (the one on the right) is pressed in and located with a pin but can anyone confirm this? I really don't want to trash my radius rod!
Light Automotive tire Bicycle part Wood Tire

Another issue I have is slack in the drive line where it bolts up to the rear axle, between the two big nuts. Is this normal or is there a way to remove this (bearing in mind I'll be running a 283 through the original trans and axle

Font Automotive tire Engineering Screenshot Nail

thanks

·
Premium Member
15,119 Posts
those 2 nuts should be tight against each other, with the locking tab stopping the 'outer' nut coming loose. have you got any play in the pinion bearings? if not open the tab, retighten the outer nut and refold the tab.
neil.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Maybe swap the panhard rod for one with tubular rather than the bulky forged ends? Rod shops sell universal ones or somewhere like Deamon Tweakes could possibly have something that could be adapted?
Auto part Metal Car Titanium Font

1 - 3 of 3 Posts