Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the time has come for this to go.
I bought it 5 years ago and drove from Texas to Florida via Gracelands etc, and then shipped back here. I suffered a near fatal accident not long after importing it so it was stored for 2/3 years in a heated barn.

Now it is fully sorted.

Basic specs as follows.
383 SBC with Edelbrock Performer RPM heads and manifold. Edelbrock/weber carb. Crane cam, roller rockers, billet valve covers and air filter. Serpentine belt system. New HEI distributor.Stainless tubular headers and exhaust system. Downpipes heat wrapped. Th350 trans with cooler, recently flushed and new kickdown cable.
New alloy radiator with billet flamed cap and new fans.
Alloy washer tank and expansion tank.
Full a/c and heat, recently re gassed.
Electric windows with switches that look like normal window winders.
Electric door poppers with 2 remotes. The remotes are fully programmable for up to 6 functions - at present they can sound the horns, which are GM ones that make the noise of a US freight train!!
Monte Carlo front clip with new ball joints and callipers. Anti -roll bar with new poly bushes, brackets and drop links. New shox front and rear. New rear springs and bushes.
Power steering box. Southern Rods polished tilt column and shifter etc. led gear indicator
10 bolt rear with new brakes. All new cupro nickel brake lines and new flexis and dual circuit master cyl. Billet Locar handbrake and inner door handles.
New wipe/wash system, 2 speed plus intermittent and billet ally arms and blades.
Blue led interior lighting. Retro cd/radio with USB/ aux / MMC inputs. Most of the wiring replaced and 2 x 8 way fuses boxes. New clear lens headlamps. Hi level brake light. Cat 1 immobiliser.
Led rear lights.
New English Oak 20mm bed with stainless strips and bolts. Stainless rear fender bolts. New tailgate with hidden latches. Custom painted petrol tank.
New Smoothie wheels with new Toyo tyres with white flaps.

All original metal except f/glass running boards and the rear valance made in steel my me. Underneath and inside doors etc rustproofed. New rubbers for windows and draught excluders.

Loads more details I have probably forgotten.

Price is £32995

Interesting p/ex possible - such as a 40's Speedster or panel van (You listening Jim?!!)

And no gratuitous comments about the Young Lady either!

Huge thanks to RnS for image hosting and the advert.

Please pm for more details or viewing. I am in Tunbridge Wells, Kent. (off the bottom of the M25)
Thank you. Paul

--- New Post Merged As Per 5 Day Bump Rule ---

Last few bits done. New micro switches for the windows, screen wash valve to get the washers going properly, nice blue leds so you can see the heater controls at night. Cured that damn rattle that's been driving me nuts - it was the shift linkage, so made some nice brass bushes to cure it and improve shift quality.
Always some fettling to do!!
Now at home so I don't get distracted and ply with it instead of doing the next project.......

It drives so well now. Loads of power and real smooth.

·
American Truck importer
11,742 Posts
Interesting p/ex possible - such as a 40's Speedster or panel van (You listening Jim?!!)

hee hee, I'm listening mate but I don't have the dosh to buy yours or it would already be in my drive!...... and I wouldn't be selling it either

1 - 10 of 10 Posts