Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any suggestions, truck starts up fine when I drive a mile or so when come to stop engine cuts out, somtimes restarts straight up, I adjust the tick over works for a while then does the same, flick the hood and check fuel inline and its empty, pur bit in carb fires right up and fuels full again in pipe filter, my guess fuel pump but I taken pipe off turned it over and its pumping it up to carb, I do have a small leak on the butterfly brass pin when I prime to start, once started it dont weap, would tuis cause it ,,anyone had this problem,,

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks , I have two inline filters to carb carnt see no crap in there, but strange why only does it after a mile or two, full tank of fuel

·
Registered
5,531 Posts
If its coming out of the brass its flooding ,had to seal the tank to cure it and run 3 filters on my 57 chevy truck .

·
Registered
5,531 Posts
Its sucking something towards the in pipe in the tank when you stop it drops off till you start driving again poss floating about when tank sloshing due to driving then gets sucked back there again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts